Ok, so 108 pictures.
4 states
35 hours of drive time from here to there
10 days of vacation
2 pink eyes (me) (boo) :(
home again.
I have posted two videos of Sophie's first dance recital. They follow all these pictures. They are cute, and NOT to be missed!
My mom happened upon this gem when my brother was up visiting her this last week. I had never seen it. When I first saw it, I thought it looked just like my sister Tricia. When Tracy and her family came to dinner later that night I showed it to her and she said, "yeah, that's why we called you Tree Trunk Bunzie." My mom didn't let them call me that for long I guess, but I have always been 'well made'. BTW, Bunzie was just a nickname I had. I asked if I ate more, and they said no, it was just how I was. I am quite sure the 'heavy' bangs didn't help. That's my little sister Ashley with me.
Bugged that these are out of order.
Cape Mears I think, just outside of Tillamook, OR. Dave and Jessica were my last stop on the trip. They have a lovely beach house on the Oregon coast in Manzanita. Dave was a great tour guide and zipped us around to see the good stuff. This was the view from the light house.
Just before out lighthouse trip we went to a petting farm at the Blue Herron in Tillamook.
Loved that nose. It was getting me.
Before the petting farm, we went to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. Lots of samples. Although I didn't realize that the squeaky cheese really squeaked in one's mouth! Here is Gunner trying out his mudslide/strawberry combo.
Dave and Jessica have a cutie named Annalise. Sophie liked playing with her.
Jessica was my room mate in Los Angeles, when I got married.
Timer shot. Sorry Annalisey poopie head. Your face is blurry.
Day one at the beach house was dry but chilly when all these pictures were taken. Day two was GLORIOUS, but didn't take pictures that day. But we built a cool castle and enjoyed the warmer weather. It had rained all week until we got there. We were good luck. We did arrive on St. Patty's day too I might add.
A photographers dream. Gunner going in for the kiss.
Are you kidding me. Jessica had my camera (same camera, different lense) and started snapping away. How perfect is shot. The hands on the shoulders, the puckered lips. I am dying. A still holding the bucket. Too much.
He went in again, but she wasn't having it. A lady has to keep her dignity.
I commented in the car that these rocks reminded me of Goonies. I was right, this is Haystack rock.
This is earlier in the day at Cannon Beach I think.
These little beachy towns have such fun shops and a great atmosphere. Dave stayed with the sleeping babies and we perused Bruce's candy store and walk to the beach.
The wind was doing a number on Sophie's hair.
Phoebe and David and their family were our Second stop. We went to the Portland Children's museum.
Phoebe and I grew up together and we were BYU roomies. Sabrina, who also lives in Portland came with her two cuties. This is Kaleb. Sabby was my room room mate. She put up with my box fan at night and my addiction to mentholatum. ;)
There's Sabby and Kaleb and Avery.
As I drove from Wenatchee to Portland , we got to come across the Columbia River Gorge. Since I was driving, I couldn't take any pictures, but it was so green and all the trees were super mossy. This is at Phoebe's house. I guess we didn't get one all together. At least not on my camera. I think Phoebe has one.
These are out of oder, but Karlye was also a BYU room mate when I lived in the Blue Condo's East. She has three kids. We went to a petting farm and had great weather.
I love this picture. So candid I guess.
There's Karlye and Easton.
Gunner found all the tractors.
This funny goat would pull on this string to get the the can filled with food.
creepy eye
Before the petting farm, we wen to a park while Karlye had lunch with Easton. I let Gunner out thinking he would run after Sophie to the swings. No, he ran straight for that puddle 10 feet away and face planted. Luckily I had a full change of clothing in the car, except for shoes, which a friend who lived right across the street lent us some froggy shoes.
They just built a a great house up this canyon.
Grandma and Grandpa's house was our first pit stop. Again, Gunner found puddles and a shovel to play with.
This was my Honda before I got T-Boned pulling into the LA temple on Santa Monica BLVD. My dad still drives it. Awesome.
He fell asleep sometime the week before on the couch and he just looked cute.
Big sister was feeling cuddly.
And lastly,
Sophie's dance recital.
March 5th
Belgrade, MT
She threw up later that night, so I don't think she was feeling that well.
Her trophy was a ho ho/ding dong/rice crispy treat mix.
Two of her dances are in the next post!
Click Older Posts to see the dances.
Click Older Posts to see the dances.






2 comments:
Ah, Tillamook. And the beach. Those places take me back to my childhood. I miss the NW, and now want to go visit really bad. Thanks for that.
:)
Your kids are so cute - and Soph is so grown up now! She gets prettier and prettier, I swear. Chris is going to have a fun time fending off all the boys!
I CANNOT believe that your parents are driving that car!
I need to go through my camera dn post some pics from your trip out here- oh wait- my computer still isn't working!
Glad you came for a visit- someday we'll make it out to Big Sky Country!
Post a Comment