Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012

A start of a new year.  Time is going by so fast.  I really notice how much my kids are growing lately.  I want to freeze time.  5 and 3 years old.   
Sophie and I read scriptures every night before bed and we are working (slowly) on sight cards.  My little Sophie is a beautiful, funny, creative, independent little thing.  I'm sure she could probably be home alone all day and manage fine.  She can write her ABC's and count to 100.  She is getting comfortable with her face in water and loves Ham and cheese sandwiches, string cheese and honey-butter toast.

She is a  good big sister and my BFF!


 Gunner and Chris and just as handsome as ever.
Gunner is over his hard years (birth til 1 month ago :)) He loves going to school on the bus.  He is back to taking naps.  He can count to 20 and say his ABC's.  He has pretty much got the poopy in the toilet thing under control... FINALLY.  He talks like there never was a problem.  He screams less.  He is a sweet, cuddly kisser.  He loves trains, trucks, anything with wheels, connecting any and all things with wheels together and pizzas and wheat thins.  He is really growing taller and isn't our baby anymore.  So sad.  I feel like we are at a great age where they are over the baby stuff ( pacis, diapers, not sleeping), but they aren't in school yet so they haven't been tainted yet.  This year will be great!

I am getting old and my wrinkles and gray hair will back me up.  I have a new job working at the airport as a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) working for the TSA.  I am in a world of accronyms , sensitive information, and need to know basis.  I started training this last week.  So far so good.  Lots of paperwork and computer training, which I can't tell you about because I would have to kill you after.  I train full time for about 2 months, then I go part time.  And it looks like I will be able to work early before the kids are even up and still be home with them all day.  A win win.  Plus we are close to the airport.  So I am a working women yet again, well, I am a paid working women again:)


We had a fun New Years Party with the P-villes, Carlsons, Barneys, Smiths and Maurisa and crew.  We played minute to win it games.

 
 
The "men" did a girly, pink puzzle and we had food for an army.  We have GREAT friends.  I have even better friends:)  So here's to a new year!  Hopefully those Mayans were wrong!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: