We got General as a puppy in Santa Monica
when Chris was working the night shift and
I had summers off from teaching. I was
watching a lot of CSI-LV and Chris didn't
like the idea of me being home at night and
thought some crazy bum/homeless/housing
impaired person might break in in the middle
of the night. So after much persuasion about
how great the English Mastiff is with kids, etc.,
we went to see a breeder in Santa Monica and
when I saw Mr. G as a puppy, I was sold. Well
3+ years later, he has lived up to the Gentle Giant
title and has been a wonderful companion for
Sophie. From the minute we brought her home
from the hospital he has been a doll and lets her
pretty much step on him, jump on him, sit on him , push him, pull his ears or tail
and lay on. Here is a picture of General being
fed his bones by Sophie. We love you G!!! (80%
of the time anyway)
when Chris was working the night shift and
I had summers off from teaching. I was
watching a lot of CSI-LV and Chris didn't
like the idea of me being home at night and
thought some crazy bum/homeless/housing
impaired person might break in in the middle
of the night. So after much persuasion about
how great the English Mastiff is with kids, etc.,
we went to see a breeder in Santa Monica and
when I saw Mr. G as a puppy, I was sold. Well
3+ years later, he has lived up to the Gentle Giant
title and has been a wonderful companion for
Sophie. From the minute we brought her home
from the hospital he has been a doll and lets her
pretty much step on him, jump on him, sit on him , push him, pull his ears or tail
and lay on. Here is a picture of General being
fed his bones by Sophie. We love you G!!! (80%
of the time anyway)
General in Texas with Christian and Maddy
General at 10 weeks.
Loves to cuddle with anyone willing
Broke him of the bed thing, but he will get
a bed or chair any chance he gets.

Looks can be deceiving. He is a big baby
Broke him of this too, but he wouldwake me up in the middle of the night
in my late stages of pregnancy with Sophie
because I had fallen asleep on "his" lazy boy.
I would then get up, move to the other one
and we would both get comfy and nap together.







3 comments:
He is SO cute! It makes me want one exactly like him!
PS- The picture of him on his back in bed KILLS me.
I know, he would end up taking up the entire bed by the time he stretched out.
Post a Comment