Thursday, December 8, 2011

crafting, creating, making and baking

It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!
I love it.  I love to make new things, old things, favorite things, and so on.
 Sophie and Larken made ginger bread houses (graham cracker houses) today.  They loved it.  I think Larken liked eating the decorations the most. :)  Here they are in the beginning stages.

 Larken's house.  We broke out some left over halloween candy.
 Sophie's house.
 I had this great idea to make kind of like a wind chime snow man using mason jar lids, but I didn't execute my thoughts very well.  It was WAY cuter in head.  One side is cotton balls and the other side is covered with material.

 Then the body could rotate around and be cute from all sides...
  
We have been painting
 

 Making snow flakes out of coffee filters. Seriously, .99 for like 100 filters.  Cheap and easy.
 Gunner wanted to paint too.  Actually he had done all of this when I came back into the room.
 Lots of paint mixing
 He loved it.
 Dirty windows, half clothed kids, and a messy craft table.  I must be doing something right!

No comments: