Sophie's first day of Kindergarten was today.
Here she is waiting in line w/ Mrs. Davis and her class before they walk in.
She is giving me the kissing hand, which comes from a book Mrs. Davis read to her yesterday at orientation.
That means she will always have a kiss from me at school when she needs it.
I got a little teary as I walked back to the truck. She is so brave. I love her.
Good Luck today sister.
We love you and will miss you.
(There are lots of pics)
Her first lunch
Breakfast this morning and her Hello Kitty shirt and favorite shorts.
I dropped her off here and gave her a hug.
Then she crossed the parking lot and got right in line. At the neon green K on the ground. That's her spot.
Then I waited in the truck with Gunner until the bell rang, then I walked over to see that she was in the right spot.
She was! And found a friend with the same backpack.
Then I looked around for Sophie's pre-school friends and sound Sophie S. and Garrett, who are in a different class.
Then she turned and waived and walked in! :)
Two nights before, I took her to my friend Mandie's AMAZING garden and took some pics. The sun was almost down already but we got a few good shots.
Yesterday, we went to Kindergarten orientation. This is where we go and meet the teacher for an hour and she tells the parents all we need to know and lets the kids get better acquainted with the class and teacher. Sophie is in a class with 36 kids, but it has two teachers. Sophie's teacher is Mrs. Davis and the other teacher is Mrs. Forsberg. So these are all the pictures I took in the classroom yesterday.
The kissing hand craft. She will hang that in her cubby.
We walked out and showed the kids where to line up the next morning, and every morning for school.
Sophie would only take pictures if I let her jump on the tramp at Mandie's after.
ANOTHER fire. August has been really bad with nasty air. Ugh. The ONLY problem with Montana. :)
We took the kids to dinner for school. Sophie picked Outback.













1 comment:
I love the pictures. She looks very happy and excited. Next thing you know.....she'll be off to college.
Post a Comment