I have been meaning to post for a few days but haven't had the opportunity. This last week has been full of good times and not so good times. Let's start with the not so good times. I like to call it the "YOU DON'TS"
Sophie has been sick with a fever since Tuesday afternoon. Started with sneezing and running/snotty nose. Transitioned nicely into a mild fever. Moved quickly into her "pee pee hurts". What? On Thursday, went to the doc because she kept saying it hurt and with the fever and a mysterious rash I think she got from a costume at the museum, I decided to see if they could fit her in and they had a last minute cancellation. This was at 11:30, and the apt. was for 1:30. She pooped at 12 and stopped saying things hurt down there. I kept asking her if she hurt, yes or no and she would just look at me and say, "yes or no." I took her anyway to the doc because I had an app.t and what could it hurt. She had a fever of 102.something. Higher than my "feel the forehead with my cheek" test told me. On a side note, I used to always wonder how my mom knew if I was feeling hot or not just by feeling my forehead with her cheek. 99% of the time she would say you feel fine, when I wanted her magic mommy cheek test to tell me I was sick. Now I know what she was talking about. Long story short, she wasn't on cough overload at said apt. but it really kicked in later Thursday, and Friday, and SATURDAY and SUNDAY! The fever decided to keep the cough company and along came Mr. Mucous and Mrs. Congestion. It was a party in Sophie's cute little body. So, since Tuesday, I have been sleeping wherever we end up. The office bed, her bed, our bed, the couch in the middle of the night, etc. I think the fever finally broke this morning. She has felt like a hot tamale for 5 days and I am glad to see it go. The cough and nose problems still persist, but she slept the best last night.
Chris has also been coughing forever and I think I would be OK if I didn't hear that sound for a long time. He is finally on the mend and isn't giving all his monies over the the Halls company anymore.
Let's see, what else is a big YOU DON'T. Oh yeah, we have no snow! I think the coast of Oregon has had more snow. They say our levels are just where they should be, but I miss the snow. It is the middle of February and we have had only two decent snow dumps. Come on snow, we need you!
OK, let's get to the good stuff that has happened this week. I like to call them our tender mercies.
We always knew that Sophie knew when she had to go #2. Well, now with the whole "my pee pee hurts" thing, she tells us it (now her poopy) hurts now when she has to go, so I think we are one step closer to helping her potty train. Oh, I forgot to mention that on that Tuesday when Soph first complained about "down there" I put her in the bath to help her feel better and she pooped before I could even get a diaper on her. So I left "it" to go put her back in the tub and clean her off. When I came back to clean "it" up, "it" was GONE! Did it roll somewhere? NOPE, General graciously did the honors and must have eaten it. Ewwww. I call him poop eater now and keep his mouth away from me at all costs. And to Quote Martha, that's a good thing, because I didn't have to clean it up. LOL.
Gunner has slept 7 and 8 hours the last 2 nights and probably would have gone more if it weren't for our sick Sophie coming in and telling mommy to "Wakie up and watchie Georgie movie peeees! Then running to the crib and telling Mimi butter to wakie up too. I have not eaten Milk in any of it's various, yet delicious forms for over a week now and it has helped a ton. I never realized how much I love dairy and consume this yummy stuff. Milk, (always a fav during pregnancy, then dies off with in a year after the birth) yogurt, cheese, whipped cream, ice cream, cream cheese for frosting on melt away cookies, etc.
We love our new car. It is a Yukon and it is delightful. We took a drive yesterday and compared to the truck and the Buick after 75 miles an hour, it is a dream.
New Beginnings is over and the only other big YW's item is camp, but that will be easy this time around. I have all my counselors, advisers, a PP leader and fab young women. Speaking of which, one is coming over to baby sit in like 15 minutes, so I have to hurry this up. Chris and I are going to go shoot our weapons.
Sophie took herself to bed twice during this last week. Once at 6! It was amazing. Of course, she was up a few hours later due to fever, cough, sinus, etc. But that was fun...she got under her covers and said night night mommy-lay down. Sweet lady bug.
Chris found an online article that give pointers to help one know if one is addicted to facebook. I didn't say yes to any of them, so pooh on you! That is about all I can think of right now. I am sure there is more. Oh yeah, Ashley is coming for a visit on Thursday. Yeah.
Another great thing is that I haven't gotten any of the MANY illnesses that have graced our home of late. Neither has Gunner. Touch wood as they say.
No time for pics, but they will come soon. Didn't spell check either. Please forgive.
5 days ago






2 comments:
I am so happy for you that Gunner hasn't gotten the bug cause I can certainly relate to having two+ sick babies. I wish I could drink milk-had a very nasty prego/milk experience with Czarina. Give Soph our love and tell her we all hope she gets completely better fast <3!
Dang! I was hoping for a poop in tub pic! General you're a sicko!
Post a Comment