Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mom & the Gang

Gunner's first taste of sweet potatoes. He did much better than rice cereal and did great with carrots later in the evening.
These pictures are for Papa. Sophie LOVES grits and asks for them almost every morning, and blesses them in her prayers.
"Thank you for eggs & toast, and GRITS!"

We are still trying to figure out a way to get down to Texas sooner than later so that Sophie can taste Papa's grits. Real grits.

Sophie still enjoys not looking normal for a camera


My mom gave me this crystal for my house and we get great rainbows all over the house. It is hard to capture all the reflections, but every sunny morning, we welcome the rainbows to our home and think of Grandma.


Took some self portraits of me with the kiddos so you would still know I was alive. It kind of stinks being the only one who takes pictures because you aren't often in them, but I made an effort tonight, which is why I am wearing the same shirt in all the following pictures.

Me and my favorite little guy who is not so little anymore. 6 months old in one week! How is that possible:(

The obligatory General picture. He has been VERY laid back since his rendezvous with Astra. If I had known how relaxed he would become with "Git'n er done" we would have let him go at it years ago! A slightly spooky dog face, but I caught him in a talking moment.

Gunner in his swing. I think he is having a growth spurt, because he is very grunty * code for he grunts a lot* when not eating. A little bit annoying, but understandable. I get grunty too when I am hungry.

Sophie is really into Barney and his magical songs. Especially "here comes thumb-kins." So this tape was playing while I got up the desire to document me and my offspring together. She is clearly uninterested. BUT...if I were on the phone talking to someone, she wouldn't leave me alone. Why is that? She turns into a small monster child when I am on the phone. Oh well.

Looking, but still not caring.

The following is what happens when Chris is interrupted from school work to try to take some pictures for me. THANKS hun. Great pictures. He will just start snapping away. Not so patient.

Sophie not cooperating, what's new?...

Sophie loving her brother way too much...what's new?...

Decent, except for the vein about to explode on my forehead.

Getting better...

Tadah! The Baldwins! I love how Sophie is playing with her nails, displaying once more her disinterest in family pictures. I have a few ideas of what she is thinking about in her head. Like, "where is my fruit roll up *L.O.V.E.S the real kind* that mom promised me for sitting here and doing this?"

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I am just annoyed now, you have a baby that sleeps and eats and seems to be very laid back. I have a baby that has it in for me in every way possible. Want to trade?(seriously)lol!!

Love the pics, you all look great-we miss ya'll.

Robyn said...

Well thank you ma'am. The last two nights he has gotten up but I think he is growing, at least I hope that is why and he does grunt all the time he isn't swinging or being held. But he is doing well with eating. She won't eat yogurt?

The Risdons said...

Your hair looks hot! I LOVE it! And I've never noticed what amazing eyes you have:-)Rrraaaarrrr:-)

Jessica said...

You look GREAT in these pictures and your hair is really cute.