Monday, June 15, 2009

The offspring

Let's start with Gunner. Now seven months old...that went fast. He now has his own room, where his naps go undisturbed and I am glad to have him out of our room. He is not liking veggies so much, but fully appreciates the fruits in his life. He likes eating the Gerber puffs and enjoys wheat bread. I think he is finally on a good stretch of sleeping and averages for the most part 8 hours a night with no interruptions . I will take it! He is liking his bouncy chair more and is playing more with his toys and reaching for things. His 6 month appt. happened a little late because we were in Texas and his Pediatrician is moving to her own office with another doctor, so we change appt. times about 3 times. I don't remember off hand all the numbers, but he was in the low 5%-10% for head, weight and height. BUT according to his own growth chart is growing great and looks great. He can sit up for a little bit on his own, and is definately a lot slower developmentally than sophie was. He loves being held and is a sweet boy. There is just something about boys...!!!
Our Soph is as funny as ever and I continue to laugh at her daily. I need to do better at writing down all her funnies because they crack me up. Of course, she is mostly repeating things I say to her millions of times a day, but coming from her mouth makes it cute and funny. She likes to help Gunner roll over, which he does more often now, but not all the time. She will say, "come on Gunner boy, roll over!" or "roll over silly Gunner." She calls me silly mommy all day long and says things like "let's do it" and "let's work it." She will come up to me and tell me, "no more talky on the phone mommy" and " wanna hold you". One of my favorites is, "are you ok?" She is also really into changing her voice inflexions so she often talks with a very deep voice, like she is a boy or a crazed dragon-child. If I offer her food or an activity that she likes she will make a funny, deep noise and say "CHOMP!" She now has diaper rash all the time because of "runny stools" we will call it. She is either constipated or runny. Can't get that right. Hates having her diaper changed and not interested in potty training. Knows when she has to go, and want to be alone to do her business, but won't think of doing it on the potty.

She loves playing in the "tube" with her daddy and asks for dad to come home so they can play in the tube. I try to do it with her, but can never illicite the same laughs and good times, so that is their special thing. She has been napping every day by 1:00, (which is amazing for me!!!) and going to bed at night is finally also relatively easy. But she loves her phases, so we will see how long it all lasts.

Here she is getting all dressed by herself with two different shoes, her cwocks and her fip fops. She can't say her "L's" and lots of other letters actually but still cute. She still referrs to herself in third person, and that third person is still "Wofie."
Wofie do it. Wofie help mommy. Wofie's book.


Gunner's nose is looking orange because of the keratin in all the baby food, but here we are before we venture to the park.

If you know us, you know we enjoy a costco or Pizza or dog anytime of the day or year. Sophie and her dad sharing a hotdog moment. They have the umbrellas up, but the tables are still inside. I don't get it...

A sunny day on the deck with sidewalk chalk and no pants.

Gunner shoving his fist down his mouth, orange nose and his blue, blue eyes which sadly aren't captured by my camera. His hair is coming in fast and he might get his first cut soon!

Ahhhhhhh

How many pictures does it take to get Sophie to smile for real? 1?


2?

3?

4!
Being silly with mom.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to tell Sophie to stop growing. I swear she turned from a little girl to looking like a young child overnight! Shes making us old ya know lol.

B Charming said...

I absolutely die at a Costco hot dog! I show them my expired card just to get that snappy dog! I die!