I think there are close to 50 pictures to look at so be forewarned. We had a great time in "the Co" as Waco is called by some locals/gang members. We were able to see all of Chris' fam except for his brother Brian and wife Katie and daughter Galina, and Aunt Lori and Cara. We miss ya'll! Aaron, his other brother was able to take the whole 1 1/2 week off and his sisters Tarra and Nicole came up from Houston with their kids for Memorial weekend. And, we loved seeing Great Grandma Baldwin and spending time with her.
Needless to say, it is ALWAYS a feast when we are with his family. We were looking forward to eating at a few of our favorite "Southern" eateries. We hit up Sonic twice for the Route 44 Cherry Lime-Aid and thought fondly of Dave and Chels, Cici's Pizza, Bush's Chicken, Shipley's Donuts, West's Kolaches, Long John Silvers (for Chris) and also had some great home BBQ'd ribs and enjoyed Outback, Logan's and some tomales I forgot the name of. Not to mention, the wonderful breakfasts we had each morning with eggs, sausage, biscuts, GRITS for our Soph, waffles, fresh berries, whipped cream and anything else we wanted. It was a made to order joint each morning and it was wonderful! I refused to look at the scale until the end of the vacation and realized that I hadn't gained any weight, so we hit up Whataburger with a large Dr. Pepper, Health Club-not so healthy but great burgers, and then I think I gained about 5 lbs in the last 2 days. Oh well. These people know how to eat:)
Sophie L.O.V.E.D all things flying. The plane rides, the airports, the landing , the taking off, the buckling of seat belts, the snacks she got while flying, etc. We had to call Chris' mom because she was so excited and wanted to talk to Gaga about it. Even since we have been home she won't stop talking about the planes taking off and landing with the wheels. Here we are waiting in the Bozeman airport for the first leg of our journey.


When we first arrived in Waco, Soph found these skates and did really well with them. I did cut her bangs while we were down there, as you will notice on down the line in the pictures. We had to go get diapers and food for the kids so we went to Wal-Mart and I thought I would just have them do it. NOT after I found out they wanted to charge $9.50 just for her bangs and a full haircut was $11.00.

Here she is sitting near the pool after a fun day of "fwimmin' in her fwim suit".


She thought this net for the pool was the greatest thing ever and wanted to fish out all the 'bones' with it.

Papa and Gunner

Papa and Soph feeding the birds

Papa and Soph looking at the cotton tails who were hangin' out in the back yard.

Ahhhh, the Kukins. Soph can't quite say cousins yet, so they were the kukins and she had such a great time with them. Here she is with Czarina on the left and Bella on the right. They taught her fun songs and all the arm and hand motions about Texas they they have learned in school like, The Stars at Night, and Pecan Tree. They are watching a movie on the blue DVD player and Soph put her arms around them on her own accord.


Soph and Gaga's hat


Beautiful and lively Olivia or O-libia as Sophie would call her. Rina's and Bella's sis.

Oliva and Great Grandma Baldwin.

Sophie went Hollywood as she lounged by the poolside.

She loved riding all the variations of bikes at Gaga's. She got very good at pedaling by the end.


Cute ones by the pool with the 'bones'




Gunner was resting after a few good jumps. Jennifer in the background

Cameron Park Zoo with the kukins


Funnel Cake fries. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo goooood.

Czarina and the yummie-ness

Bella and the Leopard

Papa and Uncle Alan playing with the long awaited Gunner.

More Gunner

More Skates




Sophie wanted to throw and catch with dad, so they played, but we thought it important to teach proper foot work. So you will notice that she is throwing the correct way in the 2nd picture. It's the PE teacher in me:)


The last night we were there and getting all the pictures with the family done. Bella and Soph.

Jennifer and Bella.

More Kissing Cousins

Man time

Gaga and my two






It was so fun and can't wait to get back down there soon. Plus, we made dresses for the girls, went to a great museum, Chris was able to go to Dallas and See his good friend Dave and some of a Rangers/Yankees game and of course, some good poker. Good times, good times. We miss ya'll. Till next time...up in Montana!
4 comments:
Fulnnel cake FRIES?!? YUM!!!
Also, we have Sonic here, and it's like Dave's favorite place. Every day between 2-4 they have happy hour, where all the drinks are half off. We go almost every Saturday. Amazingly, even better than their cherry limeade, if possible, is their strawberry limeade, which has about a pound of fresh blended strawberries in the Route 44 size. Mmmmmmmm.
(You'll note the two comments I made both had to do with edible subjects. Hmm.)
Aww, you were thinking of us. Good ol' Houston days - even though I didn't like living there much, I have to admit that the food there was fantastic. Tell all your in-laws we said hi - I miss seeing them so regularly! And I'm really sad I missed you guys when you were in town. I'm sure the guys weren't too disappointed that it turned into a bachelor's night! :)
Jennifer's new little one is soooo adorable - of course;)just like the others. Glad to hear you had fun in Wacko Waco. Our Waco family is headed up here next week to visit us in the mountains. I'm soooo looking forward to it! Miss you and glad to see the gorgeous pictures.
Ummmmm.......she FOUND skates? Whaaah??
Post a Comment