Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now Eat This

Before I get to the real post, I wanted this pic of Sophie up top. I have been practicing her 'smile' face with her, so when we meet with Emily in CA, she will have some decent pictures. I am trying to get rid of the head cock, the hunched shoulders and the squinty eyes. She looks perfect in this pic, and I hope she can pull this look off when under pressure:)
That is our measure wall in the back ground.


Ok, on to the post...


So, in my efforts to be a better cook, I purchased Rocco DiSpirito's book, Now Eat This!: 150 of America's Favorite Comfort Foods, All Under 350 Calories. So I started with the Spaghetti Carbonara. I had never had the real version, but I figured it had bacon in it, so I was probably pretty good. Chris and I both gave it a 5 out of 10. I didn't get the exact cheese, but I got something similar. Maybe I wouldn't like the real version, but I don't think I will be making it again.

So I tried Chicken Cordon Bleu. DELISH. SO GOOD. OMGosh:) Now, I used white flour instead of wheat flour, but it was a very small amount, and Chris has been gone at nights this week with school so I wasn't going to get the grinder out for 1/3 cup. And it called for low fat ham (is that even possible?) I used deli sliced ham. I gave it a 9 and Chris didn't rate it, but said it was good.

You make the sauce ahead of time and freeze it in ice cubes

You wrap it all up. I used tenders instead of bigger pieces, so they not pretty, but it worked.

MMmmmmmmm
Blurry dinner plate. I am all about Asparagus. How did I now know about this earlier? So easy to prepare, so tummy and cheap. Sophie even eats them. The butter sauce with a little Parmesan doesn't hurt either.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

GO ROBYN-trying new foods! I've been wanting to try asparagus but worried that I won't make it right and not like it and never try again.
Sophie always takes the cutest pictures. Czarina and Isabella still cock their heads, Bella squints and always looks like she is in pain when I want to take a picture of her outside, and they use their hips in every picture.

grannybabs said...

We are pretty excited to have you come visit!!

Katie said...

Asparagus is awesome, my dad always says it makes your pee smell funny :) but it's so good! I like to toss it in olive oil and salt and pepper then sautee it, and serve it with bacon and mozzerella cheese. It's pretty yummy - but I'm the only one eating it in my house...bummer.