Sunday, May 30, 2010

I hate my sink...

Our Condo was brand new when we moved it. I have nothing to complain about. BUT, I HATE my sink. Ugly, metal, dirty, stinky, gross. I really want a Corian sink. They make the coolest colors and I want a basin sink with no divider and I want it in night sky. If we knew what we were doing in a year when Chris graduates, then we could replace this one. I will just have to wait to see what graduation will hold. IF we stay, then I am upgrading!

We have had some funky spring weather, but what's new? In between the rain and wind, we got Soph a bike off of Craigslist. She does well, but as pictured, she looks down too much. Her braking skills are pretty weak right now too. This is a princess bike as you can see. Could it be any more girly? It had tassels once, because I can see where they have been cut off. All it needs is a name plate on the back. Anyway, now our 1 car garage as two adult bikes, one with a bike buggy for the kids. A double stroller, a single stroller and her bike.

Away she goes...


Ok, wow, the dress. Thanks for the nice comments. I really like the dress and it is very satisfying to finish a product. Some things I learned during this dress were:

I rush too much and need to mark ALL the centerlines, the dots, the triangles, etc.
I still don't have any idea what I am doing :)
I should have fitted the top before connecting it to the bottom.
I should have fitted the top before connecting top and bottom to the zipper.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my sewing machine. I told it how big the button was, and it did the button hole in about 6 seconds. I am sure other machines do that too, but my old one didn't and it blew me away. It also has a feature where you can hold the button up to the screen (if you don't know the size) and it will tell you what size it is, and set the machine to do the hole that big. AMAZING.
I really liked being able to tailor the fit to be perfect for me. Take it in here a little, let it out there a little, etc.

Things I changed:
The sleeves were longer and were too bulky, so I just capped them with some elastic.
The pleating in front is tricky, and I need to iron it better.
I didn't add the front tie belt. I want a skinny yellow paton leather one.
I didn't add the small slits on the side at the bottom of the skirt.
OTHER than that, I did pretty good I think.

Next time, I will do a solid color though. Print is tricky to cut out right. That is why my anchors are facing the wrong way on the skirt. Darn it, I was sure I put the pattern on them the right way:) The fabric was twill and had some stretch and was really easy to sew with. I think I need a black one for sure.



Sibling love

Their teenage years are going to be a blast!

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Great job, Robyn! Your sewing machine sounds dreamy.

Jessica said...

Are you kidding me? Love the dress. So dang cute! I am super impressed. I am still only sewing straight lines and will be until the day I die. Way to go SuperMom!