Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gettin' stuff done

Sunday Morning, I made donuts.  I remember we used to do this all the time when it  was a rainy day.  
You take store bought rolls that come in a can, cut out the middle with a smaller lid, and fry em up in oil.

Let em brown on both sides.  You know when it is hot enough because the donut holes flip over themselves.
 Shake em up in sugar and cinnamon or powdered sugar.
 My helper extraordinaire.  Just make sure little kids are far away from the hot oil.
(wearing Gaga's apron -or airplane as Sophie calls it)
 Yummy, then you eat it them all gone.

 Donut holes are my favorite

 Pumpkins # 2 and #3
Sophie wanted really scary ones.  
We carved one earlier in the month, but Sophie wouldn't touch the 'guts' and so it made for uneventful blogging. 
 Little red spidey hood.
I participated in a package exchange with about 12 women and got this little, square, fleece blanket as one of my gifts in the package.  I cut one corner off and told Sophie I wanted to make her a little red riding hood cape.  She didn't want red riding hood, so I made the hood spider man and all was well.
P.S. My exchange buddy got it at target for $2.50 so you could make the very same thing if you wanted.



She loves it, which I love!




 Spider Man doesn't ask
Sophie, even though she has been asked a million times not to, likes to scale the counter tops and get her own food and snacks.  When I heard her rusting around in the kitchen I told her that she needed to ask first and she said, 
"Spider Man doesn't ask mom!"
 Made a skirt out of Chris' old sweater.  Same sweater I used to make these leg warmers.
Basically cut out a square, added a knit waist line and elastic.

 Viola!  Perfect for Montana winters!
 

6 comments:

Laura said...

I love the sweater skirts! They are super cute! I recently made two hats and a pair of fingerless mittens out of a Salvation Army sweater. They turned out super cute. (I can't put pics on my blog because I'm giving them to my sis and she reads my blog :) Now I'm going to be on the lookout for good sweaters to make into skirts!

Robyn said...

Laura,
I would love your hat tutorial when you get a chance! I have acquired lots of them and need to use them up this winter because they are taking up too much space.

Jennifer said...

Those skirts are awesome! And Sophie is right-SpiderMan doesn't ask;)

Holly said...

No wonder Sophie thought the pumpkin I carved wasn't scary at all!! You got scary ones:)

Katie said...

I'm trying really hard to picture Chris is the pastel multi-striped sweater :) That needed a picture! I love that Spider-man doesn't ask and was just thinking the other day that Sophie needed a cape! You beat me to it!

Robyn said...

Katie, Thanks for the laugh. The multi-colored skirt is from Parent Place and was given to Soph as a present for her birthday two years ago. I just used it as a template, because it still fits!