Saturday, September 24, 2011

King Gunner and the Fall Festival Parade

This crown came with a book I got for .25 and he likes to put it on and say, with gusto, KING GUNNER!



Zucchini and carrot muffins.  Gunner actually really likes them.  I did too, until I my lame thyroid got in the way...
My neighbor down the way was selling this doll house for $5 and I had to snag it.  The door needs hinges, but it is in pretty good shape.  So if any of you have a doll house furniture you want to send down the road, keep us in mind.
Sophie and neighbor Irelynd dressed up Gunner.
Inevitable, right?
The Belgrade Fall Festival was this morning.  This was our first time going, because the kids are old enough now to enjoy it.  It is a big to-do and it was fun.  Our ward from church was asked to pick up the parade route after for a day of service.  Sophie helped too, although I am not sure she got why we were picking up after other people.
Here we are waiting, and this is her go-to model pose.
A view down the parade route on each side.



This bulldog was right next to us and I couldn't get over his teeth.  Too funny.  And Chris found someone to chat with while we waited.
Here we go, starting with the class of 2024.  Sophie will walk next year, class of 2025!!!
We got bikers.  Boy, the were revin' their engines up good right in front of us.
We got cars and cheerleaders.  Go panthers.


Most important Sophie scored a good amount of candy
More old cars.
And it wouldn't be a Montana parade with out showing off all the huge farm equipment and our ranchers.


I liked the license plate.
This is a little bit Montana too!
And, this too.  Showing off chainsaws.  And the girl below looked 12 driving a big ol' diesel truck pulling a flat bed.
But wait, we have a ROLLER DERBY team!  My missed calling.
We got 'Mater and more candy.
And a candy dance.
Another set of bikers.

Lots of big trucks.
Some Shriner being towed.  Got to love it.
The token clown in a small car and funny horn.
This tractor was on the road just the other day, I swear.
Big wheels.
Clever advertising.

And a little Montana, hanging out the back.
Thought this was a clever slogan for the seniors.


This combine was ENORMOUS.

Then there was a BBQ at the firehouse, bounce houses, folks selling their baubles and wares, etc.  So we bribed the kids with McDonalds because the lines for the kid stuff was so long, and it was toooooo hot, like 70 degrees:)  A great first parade experience!

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great post! Looks like a fun parade! Love all of the cute signs - love What the cell? :) Can't believe how huge Gunner and Sophie are and I LOVE the doll-house! We've been a little doll house crazy here (no, me...Galina could probably care less). I made a cardboard one out of a stroller box...lame - but it took up an afternoon :)