Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Slovenia Part 3

Cruising is going casual now which I like.  No more formal nights, and having to dress up.  I had a backpack for 10 days so I didn't have any extra room.  Sadly, all those Italian boots had to stay in Italy:(  And, that is why you see me wearing the same two pairs of pants.  Anyway, the entertainment was great, when it was good, and pretty ok when it wasn't.  We had some buffet style options, as well as options that were more restaurant style.  Or, you could pony up a cover charge for a steak house, tepanyaki, or sushi.  Oh, and our 'upgraded' room was on the same level as the tender boats, so when we had to take the tender boats to shore, we were woken up at seven AM by said boats, which were being lowered right outside our window.

Entering the main square of Koper, which Melanie says is the ugliest city in Slovenia.  It is the only piece of coast that Slovenia has, but I thought it was quaint.


If you were ever wondering what Slovenian men look like, here you go.
Fun pants.


Our lime green Picanto. 

Melanie knew Maya from her mission and she graciously borrowed a  car and drove us around for the day!

This one doesn't need to be too big right?  Mel has photoshop and I said I had too many wrinkles, so she needed to erase it.  She made my wrinkles almost vanish:)  Maybe I should go albino?




We went to a castle called Predjamski.  I love that they ran out of room on this sign and just went down the side with the letters.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie said...

That's pretty interesting about cruises going casual (watched a news show about how bad the business is doing right now - good timing you!) and I love the sign too. That's the way to travel - with someone that knows the language and the people!!