Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Drinking Horse Mountain

I have been on the Phone with United for 1 hour and 5 minutes because they boogered up my reservation to go see my parents in Nauvoo. So frustrated right now. So, while I wait on hold, I will blog today's events.

I decided that Sophie and I are going to do a mom/daughter outing every Wednesday morning.  Today it was a hike.  The Drinking Horse Mountain trail is right across from the M trail.
I walked Gunner to the bus this morning and it was so nice, I knew we needed to get out.
At the start of the trail.
I brought Chris' tripod so I could get a few shots in with Soph.  It was fun to have around.

We didn't make it to the top top, but we came close.  From start to finish we were on the hill about 1 hour 45 minutes.
This was where we decided to turn around.  I don't know what I am going to do with Gunner once he gets out of school.  He wouldn't have made this one.  You get up in elevation pretty quick.
On the way home we saw that the splash park was open, so we broke open Sophie's new SIZE 8 bathing suit.  What?  How can a 5 year old be in a size 8?  She actually got wet for the first time in 3 years.
Gunner wouldn't get wet, but I think we will be here a lot this summer. There is an adjacent park so they can run back and forth between the two. Rachell and Holly, my neighbors, all ended up there, so it was a fun day. Hopefully I can get this thing with United cleared up. Still on hold. Boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same thing about her in the pictures on your hike... "What is she 5 turning 12?" She just looks so old! She is adorable! Great pics.