Saturday, January 9, 2010

It's my blog and I can brag if I want to...Turkey dress

Gorgeous little Sophie
Where she gets her good looks ;) Seriously, eye color, hair color, long lashes...

Those Meier eyes are creepin' in more and more everyday.
I could squeeze him for hours on end. Taking a few steps these days...

Where she gets her personality from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I took the turkey skirt and turned it into the turkey dress. On the hanger, I wasn't sure it was all I wanted it to be, but when it was on her, I died.

I took a clearance Old Navy shirt, cut off the bottom and added an a-line skirt.

I can NEVER pick just one you know...
Watch out Tyra and all you toddlers and tiaras, Sophie coming. (No, I will NEVER force her to do that horrible stuff!)

(smudged lense, didn't realize until I had taken a few pics)




Her poses:)



Sad, hungry model pose

11 comments:

Laura said...

So cute!

Golfersfamily said...

I love this!!! My latest craze is making gigantic bows for Delyla - at www.hair-hardware.com, they give you great instructions. Seeing gorgeous Sophie makes me glad that Delyla's hair is getting long. So pretty!!!

dana said...

UM....YOU DID IT! I was waiting for someone to try it as a dress! It's super adorable robyn. Totally impressed. Your officially a refashionista.

dana said...

Okay, I couldn't help it...I had to blog about it :).
Check it out here:
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2010/01/she-did-it.html

I hope that's okay!

Meg said...

That totally reminds me of Fancy Nancy!! Cute:)

B Charming said...

It's like ruffle panties, but a dress

Jennifer said...

We love Sophie's posing and the dress is very cute too...you can guess who wants one now and is demanding to miss school to go buy the supplies. Her hair is getting so long!

Phoebe said...

I need this pattern!

BritneyN_0518 said...

I saw this pattern for the skirt the other day and I can't wait to make it for my daughter. Love your take on the dress!
www.britsbitsofeverything.blogspot.com

Katie said...

That is awesome! I just can't believe how creative and energetic you are - awesome dress, awesome Sophie, awesome Mom. By the way, Gunner has THE most goregous eyes. That blue is intense. Love it!

Jaya Pratheesh said...

wow! adorable. i saw it at made and just had to comment.... love to look of the dress on her..