Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1st. Seems like I should remeber this day for some reason...

Anyway, I turned this long, not-my-style skirt that I got for free....

And this skirt, that I got for free...

Into something different. Color wise.

Here is the comparison of color before and after.

The long one got some color and ruffles and the short one just got color. The left one was dyed in navy and the right longer skirt was dyed in denim. I CAN NOT wear khaki with my skin color, so now I have something else to wear this summer besides basketball shorts.

Oh yeah, August 1st is Chris' birthday. We made him a cake, kids help and all.

Couldn't get the actual blowing of the candles out, so here is a fake, exaggerated blow-out.

Got the kiddie pool out. It was a good 30 minutes of fun!


Finally some pond pictures. The pond is 10 minutes away. Sophie could stay and play all day. Gunner has an hour time limit. So I put him in the car and put a movie on for him. I can still see Sophie and Gunner and I get some shade time.


Gunner seems to really like the water and plays great, but when he is done he is done, and will start walking to the car.

It is about this big.



Got this at a yard sale for 5 bucks. I have ideas. What would you do with it?

Notice anything funny about this picture? Keep looking?
Chris' tie is a little short. This is the tie I was going to make both of them. I knew it would be a few inches shorter when I made it, but I was way off:) The best part is that he wore it to church today and I got a kick out it every time I saw him.

Good times.

3 comments:

The Risdons said...

I want that shelf for all my scrapbooking paper. LOVE Chris' tie!

Robyn said...

K, yes, I thought scrapbook paper, I thought pantry for upstairs (don't have one) I thought food storage in garage, I thought shoe storage, but I think I am going to keep all my sewing stuff in it. Display all my fabric that is currently in a drawer. After it has been sanded and painted. But it is HEAVY and I would need some contact paper. We shall see...

Phoebe said...

The picture of Chris in his tie is giving me endless joy!