Saturday, August 28, 2010

Summer, Take 3

So, it's been a while. The kids and I went to Idaho to visit gwamah and home popo. Tricia and her family and Ashley came up Thursday night. This is Tricia's little guy Jax. Or as we like to call him Big Ben Crouching Cuban.

Sophie and Tricia's #1 Evan. Looks like an engagement picture. LOVEing Soph's hand around his waist, and then him holding her hand.

Gunner went to Urgent care while the rest of the cousins were on the boat on Wednesday for some wheezing and troubled breathing. Doc called it Bronchiolitis. Got a breathing treatment and was much better right away.

This little car is the best 1$ yard sale item ever. He wanted (and still does) to ride this up and down my parents driveway all day. But he would drag is toes, so he put holes in his leather shoes fast. Since being home, he has put holes in his little velcro shoes that actually have a real sole. Oh well, those were a $1 too at a yard sale. He boogered up both big toes because of the foot drag. Didn't stop him though.

Tracy (So all 4 sisters were present!) and Kendall.
I don't have a picture of Auntie Oddie, but she was great with the kids and was a big help, since Chris didn't come with us this time. We sat around a fire pit, went to the beach at the lake, kids went boating and swimming in the jacuzzi, we ate fresh-from-Pammy's-garden raspberries and made raspberry shakes. Ate at Texas roadhouse and laughed a lot.
Came home to ripe sweet 100 tomatoes.

Almost open sunflowers, which have now opened.

I am currently watching my friends two kids, Henry-4 and Ryan-2 while she student teachers, and maybe longer if it works out for me. So far, so good.

The primary had a drive-in movie activity last night at church and asked the kids to bring home-made cars to sit in. The movie was cars, so I made Mater for Sophie.


What is great about being crafty is that I didn't have to buy anything. Everything was on hand. LOVE that. The eyes popped down when she was actually watching the movie. Initially, I was going to stay, because I wondered if the presidency could really watch all those kids and she is only three. But I asked her if she wanted me to stay once she was settled, and she said she wasn't afraid and that I could go. Sweet!

G says cracker and said a very clear thank you today.



My Grandma Meier turned 95 on Thursday. She gave my dad all of her sewing stuff because she knew I could use it. Look at the color of that sewing box.

Lots of Rick Rack underneath.

Cool old 70's color thread.


19 cents.




There are two of these things in there. Anyone know what they are? Maybe I could take them to Antique Roadshow and get millions for them:)


And I have to post this because I laugh at it every time I see it. While in Idaho I found this stand at Good Will. I have be looking for something similar to hang my fabric on so I could actually see what I have. But it is so ugly and I didn't take care to hang the fabric nicely. But it is staying because I am stubborn.


That's it. Chris starts school on Monday. All is well here.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think that wheel thing is what you use to put holes in flannel/fleece when your going to crochet an edge on it for a blanket--but I could be way off. I ♥ the Pennimaid Trim! Poor little man, something always seems to catch him-maybe it's just nature's way of beefing up his immune system☺

Laura said...

I don't know what the wheely thing is called, but it is used for marking fabric. They sell (or used to!) papery stuff that you lay on the fabric and then roll that thing over it to mark lines for pleats or whatever. Maybe I am way off, but my mom had one and I have vague memories of using it as a kid, when she was teaching me to sew. (or maybe when I wouldn't leave her stuff alone...)

Robyn said...

Laura, I think you are right, my M.I.L called last night and explained the same thing. I will have to use it now!

Golfersfamily said...

Man I wish I could sew. I remember my mom having a sewing box like that - although not such a fun color;) Sophie and Little G man are looking so big! Missing you;)