Friday, January 14, 2011

No news is good news

Nothing much happening around here lately, hence the lack of posts.  Chris started school on Wednesday, we have both been coughing and congested and blowing amazing amounts of snot out of our noses for what seems like ages.  Thanks for passing that one on to me hun!

Thank goodness for Netflix.  G loves watching 'his' shows on Netflix as long as his trusty tractor comes along for the ride.
Speaking of the tractor...
Really love these next few pictures.  Yes, it captures our dirty couches, so don't mind those. 
Gunner usually only has the paci in his crib, but it seems he's been getting a hold of it early.  Sometimes we put it on his pillow and he will go snatch it and walk out sucking on it.

I put up a new valance so I could see more of the mountains all the time.  It is the same material as Sophie's skirt.  (which I just went back to find and I never posted pictures of it.  Weird.  I will have to do that)

Funny story.  Chris wasn't (isn't) too keen on having the open window.  He wants to be able to have it blocked for some privacy, which I understand.  But we don't have any blinds, or shutters, so I figured I would get to it and figure something out.  Well, yesterday, at 3:00 pm I got G up from his nap and sat down with him on the couch.  I noticed a Fed-Ex truck which I always notice because I always hope they are coming to bring me something.  This particular driver didn't pull in the drive way which they always do and was in the back of his truck for a while.  So I watched him walk down the driveway and noticed a younger looking guy going into one the green condos you can see out our window.  This condo belonged to some sweet snow birds who winter in Arizona, so I didn't think he should be there.  It looked like he had keys, but looked up when the Fed-Ex guys walked by, like he was guilty of doing something wrong.  At 3:15 Ryan and Henry's Grandpa showed up to pick up Ryan and I asked him to go ring the door bell to see if anyone came out.  He did and no one answered, but he said a light was on and the door was unlocked.  So I called the Police and report it.  They came about 3:30 and long story short, he was gone by the time they went in, but someone had been there and nothing seemed burglarized.  But they took my statement and when I came down to ask them a question, one Policeman pointed to me and told the other officer, "that is our peep."  It felt kinda rad having that name.  Anyway, I failed to mention those condos have had two break-ins already in the past couple of weeks which is why I was more watchful than usual.  They said it looked like someone just out of the window and exited out onto the other street.  I probably should have called earlier, but I think the criminal was scared off when Ryan's grandpa knocked on the door.  The other thing that was weird is he never came back out, obviously, and there was no car parked in front.  what a PUNK.  
Long story short, my new curtains made it possible for me to prevent a robbery!  I guess I get to keep em:)
Sophie has been trying to work on taking nicer pictures.
I love this girl. She is so fun.

Here is another mom-in-the-winter-with-4-kids-all-day blessing....X-BOX KINECT!
Click {HERE}the link to watch Sophie play on the games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8vEAKiIOk

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I kinda wish we didn't have the Wii so Aaron would let me get the Kinect:( and nice watching out for the neighbors!

Katie said...

I love the valance! Mini blinds are pretty cheap at Wal-Mart aren't they? Is that window a weird size? Maybe two smaller one's would work...even the kind on sliding doors aren't too bad, with the long vertical blinds - you could probably get those and cut to fit...? Or just buy some sheer material for the evenings, so you're not in a fishbowl.

Laura said...

Peep :) Nice. I love the pics of Chris snuggling with the kids. You can tell he's a great dad just from that.