Sunday, January 30, 2011

Date Day

One of us, and it's not me, is trying watch what 'he' eats. So we turned date night, which usually consists of dinner, into date day.  We wanted to do something active, so we went snowshoeing up Hyalite Canyon.  Here are some pictures of our route along the way.

 Can't wait to get to Yellowstone again.  We are hoping to go in the next few months and snowmobile or drive in and snow shoe.




 I have always loved this house at the mouth of the canyon!

 My snowshoes.
 I think they call it nordic skiing, instead of cross country skiing, but this was our trail head.











 I love all the slight variations of green.


 Coming back down towards town.  We were wondering if we really needed the snowshoes because the snow seemed pretty hard, so I tested out the snow with no shoes and dropped to the middle of my shin on the trail.  Good thing we had them.
And....Sophie has been begging to skate because we pass two parks every day that have little out door rinks. So we picked up some second hand skates.  Let's just say that bike helmet is going to be strapped on tight!

No comments: