Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Big Top/ pole barn Jordan Circus

The circus came...to a very small venue.  Our fairgrounds.  But it was still fun.  Our little group that went together.
 
Contemplating the pure spun sugar/cotton candy.  I brought snacks, but I am always a sucker for wanting my kids to have the 'full' experience.  Is cotton candy the full experience, maybe?

Here we are waiting

 
I let her get her face painted too.  It was only me and Soph, so it was fine.
Imagine my shock when she wanted spider-man.  I hope you can hear the sarcasm.


Soph and Hen looking like a regal circus couple
No idea who that kid is over Sophie's shoulder, but he looks jealous.

I was there!  Best one of Sophie.  Sigh.
Sophia and Taylor P.
Ok, on to the circus.  I have to first mention that the grand stand seating was almost the death of all of us.  Very unsafe, very glad I didn't have a curious Gunner da bei (A german word for with us, but it sounded better in German).  And I mentioned that this was in a pole barn builing, so the pictures are NOT great and there are lots of things in the way.  

Ok, so the rare white tigers

I think he was saying, "Don't you kill me..."
They rolled over together.  I didn't have enough light to switch my settings, was using my big lens and those are my excuses.

Jumping over each other.

The not-so-rare but still cool 'regular' orange tigers.
Through the hoop.
Tight rope act.  One guy went across one time, and there was a problem with the rope, so they were done.   Too bad, looked liked they had some moves.  Oh wait, can you even see them in the rafters?
This was Ruby.  She was the one (I realized when she came into the ring) that painted Sophie's face.



She smiled the entire time she juggled.
And she held them up a lot too!
My best shot of the camel and pony review.  It was in the furthest ring and not too exciting.  Lots of little ponies running around in circles.

After this performance by the ring girl, Sophie leaned over and whispered, "Mom, when I grow up I want to dance on the rings."  Ok honey.  But you'll have to learn to paint faces too.


This guys was from Germany and balanced on the chairs.  He got shaky a few times and made the audience gasp.
Higher
Higher
And, in the rafters.
The weird thing to me was they had an intermission where you could come ride the elephants and ponies, or have your face painted.  But when they finished the second act it was only like 20 minutes long.  I didn't take 2nd act pics, but there were funny little dogs that leaped, jumped, twirled, danced and wore skirts.  That was the best part.  Some more rope/ring dancers and the elephants, who were at the far end.  It was fun and I woke up with a circus hangover.

I bet you wish you were here:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Way better than mine! I'll just steal some of your pictures k? :) That was fun. Lets go every year.

Dave & Chels said...

What an awesome - and somewhat ghetto - circus! Soph's face paint is great. I think that would have been a blast.
When are you guys moving back to TX so we can hang out more? :) I am looking forward to June or July - whenever it is - when you come to visit! Par-tay time in Waco!

Kao said...

Looks like an awesome time! Love that you can ride the elephants! My kids would have enjoyed that. You look great! Diana came to visit and we were talking about having a reunion one day.