Tuesday, November 25, 2008

oh, what is that?

A weird bump on my thyroid? Really? My OB found it when she was doing some routine health screen stuff just before I had Gunner. My first OB hadn't found it back in April, or it wasn't there yet. The next day they came and wheeled me down to radiology and did an ultra sound and drew blood twice to check my thyroid hormone levels. Got that info back and blood work is normal, but I had a calcified abnormal something on my thyroid, so they suggested I get it biopsied, or aspirated. I had that done yesterday. When I got in there, Dr. Paradise ( cool name) said I actually have multiple nodules on both sides of my thyroid. Generally, that is a good side to have multiple and on both sides. He couldn't get the first needle into the big calcified one so went 5 times into the next biggest one. Needless to say, my neck is sore, but it wasn't too bad. I will let you know what they say...hopefully nothing serious. Keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

Phoebe said...

Yikes! As if you needed something ,more to be sore from:)
Keep us posted.

Kao said...

Wow...hope all is well. Your little Gunner is adorable! Congrats. Happy Anniversary too.