OK, I will write a little first so if you didn't get a hint from the warning you will get one now. The following are pictures of a deer being skinned. We got a phone call last night from an AVID hunter in our ward that he had taken a buck and wanted to know if we wanted the meat. All we would have to do is skin it, quarter it and then grind up the meat or do whatever we wanted with the meat. Chris would characterize his season as "close, but no cigar." He has basically run out of time with me being so close to delivering and didn't get anything this year. And since we are out of meat from our deer last year, we gladly accepted. You see, in Montana, this is a sweet gift. No one speaks kindly of an empty freezer, and this is about the time meat starts to run out. So, last night Chris and neighbor Chris did their thing with this white tail buck. I wanted to watch so I could learn be able to help next year when I get to actually go hunting. Real hunting...hike in hunting. OK, I just got tired and so I will finish this post. I am not sure who will actually read this, but I would like to think that one day if I had to ever rely on getting my own meat because of a crisis, I could take care of the whole process. Montana is so rad! BTW, our meat is finished and sitting in our freezer just waiting to be used! Can't wait to make some meat loaf:)))










2 comments:
Thanks, but I hope to never have to need this information:)
LOVE THE BLOOD!
I"ll be trucking up my 4 to Montana after a nuclear war to have a good turkey (deer) dinner of goodness, and mercy. YOU DO!
Post a Comment