Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt Hopping

Here is Sophie ready for the hunts to begin! Lovin' that dirty window thanks!

We planned to go to THREE Easter egg hunts back to back today, and quit after the second. It was a perfect day, but as all things seem to go with Sophie, she didn't really care to get the eggs. She just looked around at the other kids like they were a wee bit crazy. Our first stop was at the Museum of the Rockies. They have age groups traced out and blocked off, so they had some kind of chance. Sophie got three eggs total and that was probably because I put them in her basket. Then she saw one egg pop open and noticed a sticker inside. That was all she cared about. She would not be bothered with any more stooping and egg chasing. I think the whole hunt lasted MAYBE 35 seconds.

Here she is with Mckenna, big sister of Hannah, Sophie's BFF. Hannah threw up in the car on the way to the hunt, so she went home with her dad and Audrey and Kenna and I stayed the course. You will kindly notice her empty basket. Maybe she really gets the purpose of Easter and wanted to have an empty basket, like Jesus' empty tomb.

Is Sophie giving herself a fish-hook in this picture, you might ask? Yeah, that is what she does now when I say show me your teeth or smile. I had to put it in. I had to.
This was hunt #2 put on by the Journey Church for the community. Another fabulous reason we love living here is all the community offerings. Movies on the law, a bite of Bozeman, little festivals (potato and pea) music on main street. Very community oriented. ANYWAY...are you loving this picture, because I am. Thousands of eggs--they said 44, 000 on the flyer. BEAUTIFUL, mountainous background. This took place at Bridger Creek Golf Course on the driving range.
We got there a little early and Sophie didn't want to get her face painted, or decorate a cookie, or ride the bouncy slide, or jump in the bouncy house, or look at the fire truck--you can see where I am going with this. She wanted the free popcorn and to walk up and down the hills all over the golf course. So we did. This big area was for all the kids, but they also had one for the 0-3 year olds. We were right in front, and when they said "GO!" I grabbed Sophie's bag of popcorn and slightly pushed/guided her to help her get more eggs this time. She looked at me, and if she could talk in full complete sentences probably would have cussed me out and grabbed the bag of popcorn back. She didn't pick up one single egg...perhaps to spite me. Other kids half her age were mowing past us and had what seemed like dozens of eggs spilling out over their basket tops. Sophie just stopped, asked for her popcorn back and we went back to walking around the golf course! The little kids hunt was over in about 10 seconds any, again, but I am glad we tried it out anyway.

Here's me and my guy! He was a trooper all day and yes that is a camo hat, thanks for noticing!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I absolutely love the picture of 'Wofie' with the eggs and mountain background. I can really feel her excitement for the day.

Golfersfamily said...

Where could she have gotten that stubborn streak? Hmmmmmmm...

Jessica said...

The pictures are great! And what a funny little girl! That sounds like stuff my mom would say about me when I was little. :)

Tracy said...

Happy Easter memories!!! I want to go to that hunt on the golf course.