Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A post for mommy

This is really more for me, but I wanted to get it down, and both kids are asleep and Chris is playing basketball so I have the time. I left the house today about 4:40 to clean the bank, then drove home, Chris brought the baby downstairs and I loaded him in the car and jetted off to YW's. Sophie saw me get brother, but I didn't get a chance or have time to say hi, just got the car seat in the car and left. YW's goes from 7 - 8:30, but I think I got home right at 8:30. Most nights, I put Sophie to bed, because it just works out that, it is easier that way, Sophie requests it, and I ususaly fall asleep with her, so I don't mind. But tonight, as I got home and up the stairs with Gunner I could hear Chris singing to Sophie, while Sophie protested and called for MOMMY. I don't know if she heard me come home, or heard General get up and shake and get excited or what, but she was putting up a fit. I told Chris to have her in bed by the time I got home so I wasn't with two kids at bedtime while he was off at basketball, but Gunner seemed content in his carseat, so I walked into her room to relieve him and asked him to put Gunner in his swing. It was the sweetest moment I think a mother could have. The lights were out and it was dark, so I couldn't see her, but I laid down next to her and I am almost positive she said, "Hi mommy, welcome home mommy!" She then nuzzled up right next to me on her side and asked for a big hug and a kiss. I sang her about 4 songs and rubbed her back and she was asleep. I walked out about 5 minutes later and I think Chris was slightly amazed that she was already asleep. She handn't napped which is pretty much normal these days, so I knew she was tired and we do the same thing every night, but it makes me feel good to know that mommy holds a special place in her heart.

Now, odds are tomorrow, she will take 30 minutes to fall asleep, I will be as frustrated as ever because she will kick around, roll around, want to switch and lay where I am laying, want to sleep in the computer room, etc. Which will result in me threatening to make her fall asleep alone, or something like that, but for tonight, I think I will just cherish being mommy to my Sophie.

No comments: