Well, I am sorry I don't have pictures, because I love a blog with pictures. But I wanted to get down a few of my kiddos cute things before I forget them, and perhaps meander into other topics of current interest. I thought Sophie was on the mend from her "lower 40" issues, but I guess not. Her food choice of late is noo-noos. Or noodles. She loves them so much, she will eat them cold out of a bag like a snack for Breakfast. What is cute though is she now asks for them to be made hot, then does a blow onto the non-existent noodle in her hand, just to make sure I don't make them too hot. And noodles are not helping her bowels. But I think we better for sure and I appreciate all the comments that were made, they were all taken with appreciation. But really, cold spiral noodles for Breakfast? Eww.
We have these really old, yet effective ABC videos I got from my sister and one of the VHS tapes (YES-that old) plays nursery rhymes for every letter. She has started to sing with them and asks for specific songs at night. She has actually been doing that, but she now has a bigger repertoire from which to choose. Sometimes though she will learn a new song in Nursery and wants me to sing it and I have no idea what she is talking about. She has started playing pat-a-cake with Gunner and loves to play peek a boo.
She is picking up a ton of words, and remembering them very quickly. Some impressive words are octagon...OK that is all I can think of now, but I am impressed by it:)
She has also become the master negotiator. She will wheel and deal like she is from Vegas. Just one George or word world or Super why movie mommy, THEN I go to bed. Just 2 M&M's mommy, I Pick up color book.
She can actually say Gunner now, instead of baby butter, or Nunner.
She is working on saying I am two, but gets infatuated with trying to hold up two fingers. She can tell you her name is Wofie now too. I Wofie, me.
She has started saying some of her own prayers and blessed the eggs and toast the other night. I will start with saying bless Gaga and Papa and bless Homepopo and Grandma, then she will start adding names, with Gunner almost always being next. She really loves that kid.
She knows daddy is at work when he is gone and asks to speak with him on the phone.
She remembers everywhere we go and how to get there and if we go a different way, she gets bent all out of shape. She knows which exit is Costco, Walmart, Target, pizza with daddy, the mall, etc. She also has a pair of her own Dora the Explorer (I think) sunglasses which she leaves on when on a walk or in the car.
Gunner is starting to grab his feet and screams and talks and squawks all the time. I have taken so many videos on my camera and every time I try to upload them to blogger they fail, so you will just have to believe me.
Gunner LOVES Sophie. When ever it is time to get him up, she runs in, flips on the light and says, "Wake up baby Gunner!" Not how I would ever chose to be woken up, but he doesn't seem to mind and lights up every time. He will follow her around the room and enjoys when she comes and sits next to him and plays with him. And when I say play, I mean practically ripping his arms out of his socket to play pat-a-cake. She still does not get "soft" or "not so hard" but is getting better. Yet, he smiles and so does she.
He gets a little formula now and then, but his gas problems are completely gone and he couldn't be easier. He loves to stuff his fists in his mouth and is as sweet as ever. AND...he is 5 months tomorrow! Time flies.
5 days ago






2 comments:
Aww... what big kids you have!!
They are growing! It is so fun to see how the little brother loves the big sis! My kids have been the same way. Delyla absolutely lights up for Darion and Dalton. They all pretend they're puppies and crawl around panting and barking. Yes, my own special zoo...minus the smell;)
Post a Comment