Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm a carney man

The county fair was in town this weekend, and we joined the masses Friday night.

I loved this shot...


Gunner is playing with his lips a lot these days

I have to admit I thought tonight was going to be a bust because anyone who reads this blog or knows our Soph first hand knows she doesn't often like to do regular kid stuff. ( I wanted to go just for the funnel cake!) For example, play in the water at the splash park, or ride rides or pet animals. Well, she surprised us and went on two rides all by herself, and even doubled up on the helicopter ride. She looked completely stone faced the entire time, but said she was happy!

I don't know who this guy is (hope he doesn't mind being in my blog) but I LOVED how he was chillin' out in the back of the car and he looked like he was having more fun than the kid. The expression is not portrayed properly in this picture, but trust me. It made my day.

Sophie on the helicopter

Ok, so one of my biggest pet peeves, is people who can't take a decent picture. So, can you guess which husband of mine took this picture? Yeah, his ALWAYS come out blurry because he could care less, and doesn't even wait until I am ready half the time. Hence, I end up taking all pictures myself, so they are REALLY close up, or I am BLURRY. Boo. Anyway...here we are at the petting zoo. At first, Soph didn't want to even go in, imagine that...but I convinced her, and she stayed just long enough to pet a baby goat, get a BLURRY picture taken, and then walk out.

*Here is another example of my wonderful husbands photography skills. Ugh. Yep, that's my hair folks and half of Gunner's head.*

He did good on this one, but it took him 5 tries because he just started shooting away. Chris entered a raffle to win a horse from some 4 H kids. Do you think the HOA will let us tie him up outside our condo? They would probably up our fees! The drawing is tomorrow, wish us unluck please:)

Since this is our first experience doing kids at a fair, I was pleasantly surprised at how much kid stuff there was. This was a little fill and dump station of corn kernels that Sophie enjoyed. She probably has some bird flu now, but we will take those chances.

Sophie is buck-bucking like a chicken



I don't know about you, but I love these plywood cut outs for faces. Here are some classic Sophie faces...



My favorite. What is she lookin' at?

Is this add supposed to get me to buy some chickens? I will just put them out with horse!
We had a great time and left just before the 'teens' showed up. Till next year!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love the fair and like you mainly for the funnel cakes. Glad to see Sophie branching out, Olivia is still attached-she is really going to hate me in two weeks.

Tracy said...

I'm glad Sophie didn't get a "goat got". Does that bring back memories?

Golfersfamily said...

You are so much fun! I can't show Darion your blog, because he'll think I am a lame-o!

B Charming said...

Lord......2 miserable kids and a huz who doesn't photograph. I like it for you. Looks like fun. The homeless man in the back of a bumper car.....I deem him "creepy"

Katie said...

What do you get when you put together all the workers at the fair? A full set of teeth.

Sorry if that is offensive. Heard it in middle school.

Love State Fairs (county not so much...) - but guess which state doesn't have a normal state fair?!?

So glad you guys get out and do things - can't wait to be able to do that!!

Pam and Jerry said...

Robbie: I love your blog. Your comments are very funny and poignant. Sounds like you had a great time. Reminds me of going to the Los Angeles Fair. Glad you had a good time. Fun to see all your great pictures. Love to all, and keep up the great blogging..
Love, Mom