Last night, I was putting Sophie to bed and I had another fun prayer experience with her. She says them first, then I say one. If I interrupt her to help her remember something, she tells me to shoosh and starts over. Then forgets that thing I reminded her of. Maybe she left it out on purpose. So, after her prayer last night, I was praying. She usually mumbles while I pray so I wasn't listening to close, until I mentioned a friend Stacy. Sophie immediately stopped mumbling and said, "and bless Kayla and Janie (Stacy's kids--the first being one of my Laurels)" It was so sweet, and reminded me that she is listening and watching. I was so glad it was me who could share that with her. Her prayers are pretty similar, but I wanted to record it so I wouldn't forget.
It usually goes something like this- Dear Heabenly Father, tank you this day, tank you food, tank you Gaga and Papa and Gwama and Homepopo, please bless daddy and Gunner (this is where I remind her to bless mom and she shooshes me, starts over and still doesn't bless me), tank you church and prophet, Jesus Chwist, Amen. Those are the standards, but of course others are added. What a little sponge. What an honor and what a huge responsibility.
Anyway on to some trivial stuff :)
Sophie helping me grind wheat
Where have you been all my life lovely food processor. Zucchini to go with the whole wheat for Zucchini brownies






1 comment:
Can't wait to see what you create with your clearance finds. I finished Bella's skirt to match Czarina's and Olivia's and they are begging me to make more things so I will have to let them pick some fabric and come up with some ideas. I love Sophie's beautiful prayer, makes me remember the girls and wish I had written them down, so innocent.
Post a Comment