Thursday, September 3, 2009

I've got the bug


The traveling bug. I get it bad about once a year. I check ticket prices all the time to Frankfurt, Paris, London. I DVR any travel channel city that looks interesting. I start dreaming of Europe and how much I love it. I love the history, the accents, the FOOD, the freedom to just go, and the fashion.

A few problems always seem to present themselves. First (and undoubtedly the biggest), we don't have the money for said delightful travel.

Second, we don't really have the time. Chris is back in school, working and I would be silly to even mention a small vacation because hunting season starts Saturday morning. So, basically until Thanksgiving, it's a no go, and then it gets too expensive anyway because of the holidays.

Third, my wonderful husband whom I love, doesn't want to go to Europe! I know, it's been a tough pill to swallow. He would like to go to Fiji or Costa Rica, but day after day after day at the beach would bore me. My fair skin can only take so much sun. Besides, if we went somewhere to, let's say, the Italian Rivera, then we could have beach and culture and history at the same time.

Fourth, my wonderful, small kidlettes. I would miss them terribly, as I think about them constantly when I am away from them for more than 2 hours.

Sigh. Chris likes to remind me that I have been across the Atlantic so many times I can't remember certain details, but I just ignore him. I have not been over "there" too many times, because if I had been, then I wouldn't want to go so much.

No comments: