So, I decided on a whim, to take Gunner's Paci away. Cold Turkey. It was constantly in his mouth, he isn't talking and the paci leash was grossing me out.
Sophie was only a month older before we took her paci away. But she wasn't even asking for it anymore, and it was just a night time routine. She never asked for it again after that night, and didn't seem to even notice when we put her to bed. Sophie called her paci a Bop, or Boppie. See the point is, that she talked a lot more than he is now. I know he is a boy, and they develop slower and all kids are different, but I'm the mom right, and I get to make my own decisions for my own kids! So, I tried snipping off the end. He was NOT happy about that. That him even grumpier than not having it. So, bye bye paci. He cried 40 minutes at nap time, and will be going down for the night very soon. He has two teeth coming in, so the lack of paci is not helping that scenario either.
Post nap has been fine. I think his teeth are bothering him more than the missing paci. I look at it like ripping off a band aid. I just want to be done and get him used to not having it. End of story.
5 days ago






No comments:
Post a Comment