Wednesday, June 9, 2010

25 days and counting

Sophie has been asking NON-STOP when the cousins are coming. She is beyond excited. We went to Yellowstone yesterday because it was really nice. Here are some pics for the cousins who are coming so soon! On the way to the canyon.

Mouth of the canyon

Spanish Peaks

Bald Eagle through Chris' spotting scope.

We saw LOTS of Bison.

Sophie was a great traveler.

Buffalo shedding it's winter coat.


We drove right by this guy.

We got stopped twice by buffalo walking right in the middle of the road.

He finally moved off the road and let us by.

Lots of thermals to see...and smell:)


Of course, Old Faithful. It is directly behind us in this picture. Didn't want to show it to you here, if you haven't seen it live. Funny story, it was 'supposed' to go off within 10 minutes of 5:31. Our phones were off because we weren't getting a signal, so we knew we had about 25 minutes until it went off. We waited and waited. The kids were being kids and so we started to walk to the general store to beat the crowd to get candy. We stopped back at this spot so I could go inside the station and check the time. It was 5:41. I took Sophie to the bathroom, and what do you know? It was just finishing as we came out. Sophie then said, "does that mean we can go get candy now?"


Lots of baby bison too.

We had full intention of making it to the campsite where we will be staying to check it out. But we didn't leave Belgrade until 1:30. It is an hour and a half drive to the entrance of the park at West Yellowstone. And another hour from there to Old Faithful, give or take depending on animals and getting out. It is another hour to our campsite.

We saw lots of elk on the way home, but Gunner didn't sleep all day and so we were trying to get home fast. We are so excited for cousins!!!

P.S. Jennifer, we didn't see any bears:)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

And all I ask is that I don't see any bears either! Our girls are bouncing with excitement, I think I'm more worried about the drive there:)