
To say Sophie LOVES her sunbeam teacher would be an UNDERSTATEMENT. Her name is Mandi Chidister and her little guy A.J. is also in Soph's class. At the beginning of the year, I was the girl sunbeam teacher and she was they boy sunbeam teacher. We were combined in March and they moved me to the CTR 6 I think. It was a good change for everyone. Sophie does much better with Mandi and she is the best teacher. Sophie always can tell me exactly what she learned that day and remembers it through out the week. If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "just like Siser Sitiser taught me, I would a little richer.
On the way home from Church probably a month back, I asked her what she had learned. She said that she learned that food and water go in our mouths, down our throats, into our bellies and come out and pee and poop! Another month was about smell and she brought her oils. She always has great hands on stuff for the kids. Last week, they learned about happy and sad faces and thoughts. When Mandi asked Sophie if she could make a sad face, Sophie said, "No, I can't I am too happy!)
And, this morning, I was trying to get her to eat breakfast, which she doesn't like to do on Sundays. I told her she wasn't going to eat at church and she would be hungry. She told me it was ok, because Sister Chidister would bring her snacks. And, on the way home from church it was confirmed that she got carrots and chocolate in class.
It is SO nice to have a great teacher, who cares and does a great job. I can always bribe Sophie in Saturday night by saying she gets to go to her class in the morning. Everyone's kid needs a Mandi Chidister!






1 comment:
Yup. My kids teachers are always the most important callings in the Church to me!! And especially when the kids are littler it is SO critical that they have a teacher they love.
I'm glad Sophie has such a great one!
Post a Comment