I like to make people gifts for special occasions. Most of the time it cost more money and way more time, but in the end I believe it is worth it. However, I will never be making this type of blanket again.
My sister Tracy made me a similar blanket for me wedding. I love it! We use it all the time and it was homemade. I never realized how long it took her until I made one for Pat and Megan (friends from Bob Wards), who were married last Friday. I just finished last night. My right hand is permanently in the shape of holding scissors. I think I hit a nerve between my thumb and index finger from all the cutting. So here is what you do:
Get 4 pieced of flannel. Line them all up and sew diagonally across the whole blanket. I sewed the lines the width of the presser foot. NOTE TO SELF, that is too close.
Then you cut the top or bottom three layers leaving the colorful side uncut.
My sister Tracy made me a similar blanket for me wedding. I love it! We use it all the time and it was homemade. I never realized how long it took her until I made one for Pat and Megan (friends from Bob Wards), who were married last Friday. I just finished last night. My right hand is permanently in the shape of holding scissors. I think I hit a nerve between my thumb and index finger from all the cutting. So here is what you do:
Get 4 pieced of flannel. Line them all up and sew diagonally across the whole blanket. I sewed the lines the width of the presser foot. NOTE TO SELF, that is too close.
Then you cut the top or bottom three layers leaving the colorful side uncut.
Then you sew a square along the outside of the blanket if you want tassels. Then snip each tassel. Lots of those too. Then you wash it and dry it. Change the lint trap a couple of times, and that is it.
Used my embroidery machine for the name. Still trying to perfect that machine:)
I am sure you are supposed to cut the little threads in between each letter, but like I said, my right hand is done. I hope it recovers. Happy Wedding to Pat and Megan!! I didn't take pictures but it was a beautiful ranch with the mountains in the back ground. It started pouring a 20 minutes after the ceremony.






2 comments:
Good job Robyn!!!!The finger eventually recovers, but only after a long time. I have not made another blanker since yours!!!
I've had projects like that - usually one Phoebe wants me to do!
Post a Comment