Monday, January 24, 2011

From our heart to yours

I can't believe it has been almost a year since I wanted to do something like THIS from Dana at Made.  I have had the stuff forever, but now seemed like a good time to try it out.  I haven't done any crafting or sewing since the holidays, so I was ready for a project.

The kids helped stuff, which was fun for them.



But this girl mostly just ate the M&M's.  One for the heart, two for me...I tried to find red hots and after two failed attempts at 2 major stores, I settled on M&M's and conversation hearts. The M&M's came out cuter.
Double fisted and a dirty shirt.  Quite the combo.
In mouth already.  This was why I wanted red hots so she wouldn't eat so many...oh well.



I used this template and a dry erase marker right on the plastic.  Then I just rubbed it off after I had sewed it together.



Not quite sure what to do with them yet.  Hang them from the ceiling, or make a garland, or just stick them randomly on a wall.  We'll see.  But I am planning on giving them away to Sophie's friends for Valentine's day.

2 comments:

dana said...

oh yay!!! I'm so glad you did it! And they look so cute with all the candy inside. Love it Robyn! Thanks for sharing with me :)

Katie said...

Those make me think of those seek'n'find pouches for quiet time at church. You fill it will a bunch of rice and then have little things inside for the kids to find...? Right? I want to make one of those. Was it tough to get your machine to sew these? Wonder if the serger would be up for it....? Hmmm...project...