
My parents reported to the Mission Training Center (MTC) on Monday. They have been called to serve in the Salt Lake City mission, with a security emphasis. What that means exactly, I don't know. I do know they won't be taking any bullets for any of the church leaders, but they will be assisting in making sure all goes smoothly. I think it would be really cool if they got to wear those ear pieces and talk into a watch or something. Is smoothly a word? They will be in the MTC for a week, then off to Salt Lake, a whopping 40 minutes north. They will serve for a year and have been very excited to finally be able to go. I am really proud of them and look forward to hearing all of their stories. Serving a mission as a senior missionary is a bit different than when I went on my mission. They can have internet, phones, evenings, etc. That is good though because I know they will miss us terribly and want to keep posted on all their kids and grandkids. We will miss them, but look forward to visiting them in April...I hope.






4 comments:
That is awesome! Your whole family will get such huge blessings! Since Dave's parents have been gone, Dave got married (miracle as he is now 33), his sister got pregnant (miracle after 10 years and 7 rounds of in-vitro) and now we are preggo (miracle of nausea?) haha
that's super fun! but the ear pieces are really not as fun as they sound... had to have those for all our events w/ the governor!
They look fun though. I have always wanted to experience them.
I can't believe they are on a mission! Maybe they'll get to ride horses around Temple Square with their small earpieces-like Mounties!
Post a Comment