5 days ago
Thursday, December 4, 2008
November 20th, 2014
Most of you know I really enjoy traveling abroad, and when I say abroad I mean mostly Western Europe. My last trip was Spring of 2006 and I have the travel itch sumpin' fierce. I can often be found looking up plane tickets to France, or Frankfurt, or London. What is spurring this desire, you ask? The company Chris works for has it's parent company one hour out of Paris. The company will pay for his ticket to Paris, if he but only visits the company ONE day. He wouldn't even have to work! Just tour it, then bounce out to travel anywhere...with your ticket PAID. We have known of this benefit since he started working there. So naturally, I think we should take advantage of this great deal and travel. Chris loves to squish my dreams and tell me that we are not going. I just give him a dirty look and continue to search for that once in a lifetime deal for my ticket. I know I can wear him down. I will wear him down. I have even gone so far as to tell his boss that they need to send him over to Paris to train, and I would naturally have to accompany him. He would have no choice then. Hey, listen, I would even travel sans my hubby...NOT A PROBLEM. I have plenty of other girlfriends who would love to travel with me. I check tickets for winter, spring, summer, anytime of year. So, the other night, after both kids were asleep, I got on the computer (because I am sure a hunting, fix-a-car, weapon or a million times previously viewed TBS movie was on) to check ticket prices. Surely with gas and oil prices dropping, and the economy in the dump plane tickets should drop too. Just thought I would check. He came in, because he missed me:))))), and asked what I was looking at. Then I smiled and said, "Oh, nothing much honey". Then we got into a mini debate about how come he wants to ruin my life (not really a fight, more like friendly banter) and he accuses me of having traveled there too much already and some other lame excuse like we can't afford it. Whatever. Then came the compromise. He said we could go for our 10Th anniversary. What he doesn't know is that I AM WEARING HIM DOWN. I will have that date moved up to the next couple of years if it is the last thing I do. After all, what if he isn't with this company in 6 years? (Yes, we are looking at another 6 years until our tenth anniversary). What if I am with child? Ha ha, probably not. Point of the story, I think if any of you were put in this same situation, you would agree with me. And I don't want to hear any comments about the kids:) I would provide a safe, secure environment whilst I ate doener Kebabs, weisse wurst, fresh, warm croissants, and other yummy pastry-like goodies. A girl can dream. I told Chris I was going to start a counter on the blog until November 20th, 2014. That way he can't wiggle out and say he never said it. It has been documented and I am going to start planning now. It will no longer be a one week rendezvous, but a good couple of weeks. THANKS HONEY, CAN'T WAIT. Anyone want to go with us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
You know my husband is always down to travel, and I will take any vacation I can get! Count us in.
Where is the counter?
don't ever say fresh, hot croissant.
DYING FOR THAT PASTRY!!
i am in... I will travel with you!
Post a Comment