I was released yesterday as Young Women's President.
I found out Saturday night at about 6. I was extended another calling. Which I knew I would get when I was released. Any guesses? I will be Sophie's Sunbeam teacher in the primary. I will have only the girls because it is a big class. Until the new year, I will help out in nursery, where Sophie currently is. They brought the nursery kids into singing time yesterday and it will interesting to watch them learn to try to sit still in chairs and learn new songs.
The thing I am worried about the most is my current dress and skirt situation. Of course they are all modest (Because modest is hottest^o^) but I know there will be a lot of moving around to get to kids, small chairs and carrying kids out. I will have to make sure I wear stretchy, well fitting, comfortable stuff. And sensible shoes. Ha. Not really.
New experiences await me. The girls are in good hands with the new presidency. I wish them all well and will miss them.
5 days ago






3 comments:
You know that I've been teaching the CTR5/6 class (4year olds going on 5...) anyway I've been watching the incoming group and was almost in tears last Sunday, they don't sit, they don't listen, and they ALL talk back. I already have one in my class that is not moving up cause he just turned 5 this year so another year with HIM!! And if we take them to their parents they act like its not their kid and bring them back on our heels. I may have a tantrum one Sunday during sharing time:))
You will be a great Sunbeam teacher! Just go and get a few "housecoats" for Sunday and you will be set:)
I truly wish I was in the Primary instead of Activities Chair. The bliss of hanging out with 3 and 4 year olds every week-so much fun!
Boy I feel sorry for the new YW pres that has to follow in your shoes...I bet you were great! You're so cute to be nervous about your new calling with the little ones. I was sunbeams teacher as a new convert and I learned so much preparing those lessons. It was one of my favorite callings;) Missing you!!!
Post a Comment