Since my last post, I have decided to try a weekly menu and see if that motivates me. Now I won't have to think about what to make, it will already be decided:) Why is this such a revelation to me? I guess it is good that I am ok at not being perfect at everything. Most things, but not everything;) (Yes, I know smiley faces are not sentence ending punctuation, but I use them anyway). It's not a grammar blog people.
So, tonight I made Taco soup that was more like a chili. So easy, good, and healthy. I thought I would share.
ground up some meat of your choice-we use elk or deer-with onions and seasoning of your choice. I did this in a big pot, because I started late but you could do it in a crock pot too. Add 1 big can of kidney beans, 1 regular can of black beans, 1/2-1 cup of salsa, 1 can diced tomatoes (mine had garlic seasoning), 1/2 can of tomato sauce (you could add a whole if you don't want to waste the rest I guess. 1 tsp cumin and chili powder to taste. Beyond delish and so fast. Oh, and I added some cilantro because I had just made some salsa. Makes a ton so leftovers will be great tomorrow. We crumbled tortilla chips on top, but you could serve it with cheese, (Chris said that's the only thing it needed, but cheese isn't on the menu these days) sour cream, parsley, whatever you like. AND Sophie ate it too. Extra mom points for that one. So try it out.
P.S. I finally made fudge, after three tries. The recipe on the Kraft marshmellow cream jar is the best.
5 days ago






1 comment:
Way to go Robyn! I knew you could figure it out:)
Post a Comment