Gunner and Sophie played in our poor man's tent. They had a blast. Sophie loves to play on the computer, but Gunner hates when she is in there, because he gets bored. Today it worked well, other times, they bug each other.
Ok. so she looks slightly unkempt with her print and stripes combo. BUT, I love stretch pants for her. She is so tall for her age, and all the pants I have now which are hand downs (which I Love, don't get me wrong) but they are all so low waisted and with low rises, so her cute little butt crack is always hanging out. Stretch pants stay on, are comfy and easy for little girls who go potty on their own. I need to learn to work with that fabric and make my own for her. So, at home, when we know we aren't going anywhere, which is most days, we go for comfort over style:)
About the hair... as I have posted before, Sophie doesn't do brushing well. Nor does she enjoy a hair wash. And if I had a dollar for every time I have threatened to cut her hair, I would be as rich as Shaun White. She isn't 3 1/2 yet and she will cry for me to not cut her hair. Just leave it long mommy. I don't want it short. She must have a veeeeeeeeeery sensitive head, because I brush ever so softly, but it is as though I am torturing her. Some might say, just brush it hard and fast. Tried that. Lots of tears, frustrated me. So, when we are home, it doesn't get done. A clippy that falls out. A pony that falls low. Don't judge me. I love when she is dressed cute in something I have made her, but I am not a mom who gets all done up first thing in the morning, as evident in the above pictures. But I know my babies love me anyway. They are great that way.






4 comments:
Galina lives in the stretch pants! They are perfect! Wal-Mart has about 6 new designs that are really cute and cheap, with matching shirts. Just search their site for faded glory sets. I love them and buy them in multiple sizes so I don't run out. Summer's on the way and ALWAYS comfort over style - especially with kids! I can't stand for Galina to nap in jeans, they always get changed to stretchy pants! Anyhow, enough from me - I should've just said, "I agree." :)
I have the same problems with girl hair! I have cut both of my daughter's hair in the past because the combing was destroying our relationship ;P Those years when they want it long but aren't old enough to really brush it themselves are tough. Meg was 7 before she could really reliably comb hers well herself...and I pretty much have only trimmed her hair since then! It is to her waist, but since she takes care of it that is okay. Up until the last month or so, Heidi hasn't cared so I have kept her hair at a bob. Now she wants it long, so here we go again with the snarls and the tears...
Your kids are such cuties. I just watched the video of Sophie singing and was cracking up! I love her little bow & the "boom boom" part of BOM stories. Her hair is beautiful - it looks layered. Is it?
I love that you don't force Sohpie to cut her hair or torture her by combing it hard and fast. Kids have so little they can be in charge of, and it's very nice that you let her have some control over hers. I always wanted to CUT my hair and it was super long my whole life and my mom would never let me. And I'm still annoyed how she controlled me like that. Annalise will get to choose!!
Post a Comment