Tuesday, November 8, 2011

He speaks!

I don't have any pictures with today's post. 

But I am happy to announce that our little bubs can talk!

After one year of speech therapy, he can talk.  I couldn't find a Youtube video of the song, so here are the lyrics from Charlotte's Web, "I Can Talk" song.

Isn't is great, that I articulate
Isn't it grand, that you can understand?
I don't grunt, I don't oink, I don't even squeak or squawk
If I wanna say a something, I open up and talk
I can talk, I can talk talk talk, I can talk

I'm pop with perspicacity
I'm loaded with loquacity
My vocalized veracity is tops
Grammatically each pit of me is the verbalized epitome
My plethora of patter never stops

Isn't is great, that I articulate
Isn't it grand, that you can understand?
I don't grunt, I don't oink, I don't even sqeak or squack
When I wanna say a something, I open up and talk
I can talk, I can talk talk talk, I can talk

Its wondrous and mystical
Im hardly egotistical
Because of this linguistical aplomb

But speaking quite pragmatically
My self esteem emphatically
Dramatically improved since I was dumb

Isn't is great, that I articulate
Isn't it grand, that you can understand
I don't grunt, I don't oink, I don't even squeak or squawk
When I wanna say a something, I open up and talk
I can talk, I can talk talk talk, I can…

Spoken: (sheep) – why don't you keep it down

I can talk!

So, he has been saying the cutest things.  I guess he has picked them up from Sophie or just from observations, but I love hearing them.  His last speech appointment was last Wednesday.  Here are some of his sayings:
1. Whew, that was close!
2. I can do it mommy.
3. Hey guys, where are you?  Oh, there you are!
4. Let's go make a tunnel. (When he uses the potty)
5. Ohhhh, what a cutie, or ohhhhh your sooooo cute.
6. Soooooph, Sooooph, where aaaare you?
7. Hmmmm, let me seee, as he has one finger up to his lip.
8. Come on guys, let's get out of here.
9. He will ask for "just one piece" of something.
10. We pretend to be asleep and he will say, "wake up mommy, it's tomorrow!"

I am sure there are more, but it is so fun.  Of course, he still mumbles a lot and there are still lots of things I don't understand right away, but he make huge strides every week.  He knows the alphabet and can count to 12 in english and 10 in spanish.

We are proud of Gunner and are excited to celebrate his 3rd birthday on Friday.

No comments: