Thursday, March 26, 2009

I do it, me Wofie

Sophie has started referring to herself as Wofie. She will say stuff like, I do it, me mines. At first we thought she was speaking Spanish because she would say no mas, for 'no, mine'. It took us a while to understand that 'mas' meant mine. Now she says mine and it accompanies every sentence she forms. My favorite is when she keeps it simple and says, me...Wofie. Just like in this picture she is letting you know with her beckoning hand that she...Wofie, was the master builder of this block tower. She has also learned that it is essential to build a good base when starting any block tower. Thus, she has recently been starting her own towers with her very own base, and will let us know by pointing to her chest and once again repeating, "Me do it, Wofie." She also likes to say, "No push mommy, no push Wofie." Let me clarify, I am not pushing her but gently drawing her out of baby's room by her arm before she wakes him up, or leading her away from the refrigerator after she has opened it for the 12th time while I nurse. It is very endearing and she is growing up so fast.

Here is Wofie herself being hugged by General. She will boss General around too, and tell him, "No G, GO AWAY!" and try to move him. It doesn't work because he is as stubborn as the rest of the house and that fact that he weighs 160 lbs isn't helping her out either.
He is a very good dog with the kids and takes much abuse.
Gunner is still very easy during the day and not sleeping as much as I want him to at night, but well enough I guess. He will go 7 hrs for a few nights, then only5. These last few nights, he will nurse, then just be up taking and cooing and happy. I can usually get him back asleep within the hour, but I really liked when he would eat, and be back asleep in 35 mins. Ugh. I miss my sleep. But I like to sing a song from my favorite cartoon, Charlotte's Webb, to keep me going. The name is Chin up...I think. Chin up, chin up , everyone loves a happy face. Wear it, share it...I am trying:0

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

For the longest we thought Bella was speaking German, she would say 'meinz' for 'mine' and now it is still 'fanger' for 'finger'. I wish Olivia would sleep for 5 hours again, 7 hours or more and I would think someone took her away.

The Risdons said...

I can't see the pics, but that Wofie puts a smile on my face everyday:-)