Saturday, October 4, 2008

Before I forget

This is more for my remembrance, but you may enjoy it. The other night, we put Sophie down at about 7:30, as usual. By 8:00 she was still kicking the wall (not crying though) so we let her come out for about 20 minutes. Sometimes you just know they need a few more minutes with you for them to be ready to go to bed. When that time was up we told her it was time to go to bed, so she grabbed her blanket and started towards her room, again as usual. But kept going straight into our room and got on our bed. Ok, cute we told ourselves and tried to sing songs and practice counting with her while she laid down. (Lay, lie, laid still confuse me so don't be hatin' if I used it wrong here) She would keep getting up and we would threaten to put her in her own room if she didn't lay, lie down. So, she would for a sec, then get up again. This whole time we are saying, "Sophie, say...brother, or purple, or rooster, seven, eight, B, D, etc." We would threaten her with her own bed and again she would get down quickly so we wouldn't do it. Then I said, "Sophie, can you say manipulative?" (because she was and kids are great at it even if it is cute most of the time) And she said some thing that sounded very close to that word. Manimanimaniv. Chris and I looked at each other and laughed and laughed. I didn't really expect her to say it, just being facetious. You probably had to be there but I knew if I didn't write it down it would be forgotten. We put her back down after that and she was good to go.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So much fun! Hope the pregnancy is progressing well - how much longer?

Jessica said...

What a manimanimaniv little cutie. :)