Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BUBBLES

*All pictures have been cropped to avoid any unnecessary viewage of 'parts'
My little lady bug has used this froggy towel since she was born. Thanks Tracy. I think it used to be a lot greener but it does the trick still the same. Bath time is a nightly ritual since I introduced Elmo bubbles, and she asks for a "bubbles" many times a day, from the moment she wakes up. When it is finally time, around 6, I say yes and she runs to the bath, turns the water on and starts to pull her pants off. Then she has to come back and get me to pull me faster and lead me to her room to get her towel that hangs on her rocking chair. Next, I actually put the water to the right temp and pour in the Bubbles. Her eyes light up and she nearly screams, more like a yell, "BUBBLES!!!" I help her with the rest of the clothes, ask her if she wants to sit on the potty, then I plop her in the water. She entertains herself until she is done. Then I put the hood of the towel on her head and she wraps herself up and runs around the living room avoiding a diaper. She has peed maybe twice during her towel escapes and Chris gets a little mad, but I think there is no better time for her to realize the facts of pee, unless I can tell her that she is going when I see it. Does that make sense? I used to really not like bath time because she didn't really like it and is was a lose lose situation. Now she likes it, I like it and it is a win win. She does not, however, like her hair being washed, but is getting better.

I love this picture of Sophie. I asked her to say "Heide" to get her to make this cute face. That is the name of our neighbor who is the greatest. Sophie cries when we pass her house on a walk, and General slows considerably because he too is depressed if she doesn't come out. She just started to say her name, and it just happens to give her a cute little expression.
Not such a cute face, more like constipated but you get the idea.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love hearing stories like this! So cute and funny!!