I really wanted to go with Chris to hunt some Whitetail Doe. He found some good land where I could go but not have to hike, what with being due in 7 weeks. We set up a blind next to this stump and an old tractor. It is beautiful country about 30 miles from where we live. I meant to take more pictures, but the camera was packed with all the stuff.
This is a shot out of the blind. The Deer were hanging out at the treeline and started to feed toward us, but they never got within shooting distance. A little spike buck came close and snorted at us before he ran back to the crowd, but that was about all the action we got. There were tons of Doe, just out of range. I wanted to just stand up in the blind, lift it up about a foot and walk under it until we moved it closer. Not really what you do:) So we just enjoyed being together, quietly enjoying beautiful Montana.
I am not going to lie, I wanted him to take something, while I was there. I kept saying, "you can get her, take her, take her." Chris is really great about not taking bad shots or marginal shots, and is apparently WAY more patient than I am. The difference is that he had been out 4 or 5 times already and this was my first and probably last time going. I told him I want a bow for next year and we are going to get a nanny for the month of Sept and Oct next year. He wanted a wife that was into it...I'm there. OK, so I wouldn't really get a nanny for two months, but next year, when I am not heavy laden, I am going to get me something.









2 comments:
You are the perfect wife for Chris! If he were married to me I would be hiding the gun. :) I was cringing my way through this story until you said you didn't get anything and then I was so relieved. :)
I know, if and when he does get something, I will post a warning before hand. The whole hunting thing really was hard for me at first because I felt so bad for the little guys, but after many a hunting/outdoor channel show, and not having to buy fatty cow meat ever again, I see the benefit of the meat. I totally understand people not being "into" it though. It is definitely a Montana way of life though.
Post a Comment