Sunday, September 21, 2008

Kind of Boring

Not much has been happening around here to blog about. Chris went Elk hunting Thursday and Friday and didn't have any luck. He was supposed to be gone until today but I had an emotional, hormonal moment when he called on the phone Friday night, so he packed it up and came home:) It wasn't my intention, but as soon as he called I lost it. Sophie has been getting up at about midnight and wants to play and watch movies. She has never done that and she is now on day four of doing it. She is a lot to handle all day for days on end. There are only so many walks and trips to the park to keep one sane. So thank you Chris for coming home early for me. It was a good call. Back to her not sleeping. I keep hoping that if I just turn my fan up loud enough I won't hear her and she will work it out. I have been soft and going in to try to get her to go back to bed, but it hasn't worked. Tonight, I vow to let her cry it out. I am a big fan of letting them cry it out because I don't want to have to rock my child to sleep for the rest of their life. But when they start crying and moaning, "MAAAMMMAAAA" your heart softens and you want to go cuddle. I have tried to think of all the reasons she would be waking up (hungry, hot, heard a noise, room too dark, room to light, etc.) I have tried to remedy it all and she still gets up, so tonight it stops. It is kind of weird how kids go through sleep cycles. Normally, she never gets up and if she does, she just needs to be straightened out or can't find her paci, and goes right back to bed. I guess it is just a phase. Maybe she senses the baby is coming soon, because she has been more cuddly lately when she wakes up. Again weird because she isn't that type of kid. We could drop her off with a someone and walk away and she wouldn't care. In fact, she frequently walks away from me and won't come back. People probably feel sorry for me when they see me this pregnant chasing after a girl who won't even respond to her name. They should feel sorry for me. This is probably boring for you to read, but this is my journal for now, so I need to get it written so as to one day remember the joys of a two year old.

Let's see, what else. Yeah, that is about it. We had a great week of weather. It actually got back up to the low 80's, but today was cold and blustery. The leaves are changing and starting to fall. It is amazing how they can change overnight, and if you don't pay attention, the season will be gone before you know it. My calling as YW's president at church has been good. We just sang in Sacrament meeting today and as it usually goes, 4 didn't show up, but we did a good job. We have great youth in our ward. The best I have ever worked with. They are kind, grateful, happy, moral girls who make me proud. Great babysitters too!

Ok, really that is all. I got nothing else. Really excited for all the fall shows to start. Toodles.

5 comments:

Dave & Chels said...

Ah, I so know what you are going through. (B sleeps all right though. Sorry to rub it in your face. :) ) But I know what you mean about going on so many walks and trips to the park before you want to rip your hair out. Dave has been gone for the last three weekends. (Job interviews for next summer internships.) And he left this morning at seven, telling me he won't be home in time for dinner tonight OR tomorrow night. I can only imagine if I was 8 months along! You have my sympathy. Pity we can't live near each other and I could chase after Soph for you! (I'm already chasing after one - why chase after two?)

Dave & Chels said...

haha...I meant "night", not "right". I knew I should have re-read it before I posted it!

Robyn said...

That is why it sucks so much when she gets in one of her phases because normally she sleeps great. She spoils us and I expect it all the time. Not looking forward to those newborn nights of little sleep. It sucks when our men are gone huh? These days I can barely make it until Chris gets home before I want to go hide in a corner and not respond to Mommy anymore. Being pregnant was a LOT easier when I didn't have a 2 year old! Haha.

Jessica said...

Poor Roy! Pixie too runs right away from me, never comes when she is called, and definitely doesn't respond to her name. I feel quite sorry for myself about it. I know it's harder with a kid, but it is still hard with a dog like that so I feel for you!!

Robyn said...

Thanks Jess. Now I know that someone understands what I am going through!!!