5 days ago
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Good bye Pacifier
I am too embarrassed to take a picture of what her paci looked like, but in the midst of feeling like I might not make it this last week, Sophie has grown up a bit I guess. I have been pondering trying to get Sophie off of the Paci, but didn't even try with having a new baby in the house. Then I noticed this last week that she wasn't even asking for it, but I was still bringing it to her at night because that was the ritual. So I told Chris I wasn't going to offer it, but if she asked for it I would give it. Well, on Thursday I didn't offer it and she hasn't asked for it once! I was worried she would fall asleep ok, but then wake up in the middle of the night and cry for it. Nope. How cool is that? I have heard horror stories about trying to get rid of those things. The pediatrition said I should try to get Gunner off of his at one year. Didn't know that was when they suggest doing that. Good to know. Doesn't mean I will follow it though! I am pretty glad though that Sophie gave it up easy. It was a blessing during a very hard week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
With my two we had a small ceremony when they turned 1, I bagged up their paci and bottles and threw them away. I never heard or thought about them not accepting it and luckily they adapted without a whimper. Isn't it great when you can see them grow by leaps and bounds almost overnight and all of a sudden you can be friends again.
B-T-W:that drink was the most horrible stuff I ever tasted, but she is doing better now.
That's awesome! With Kaiya, it "accidentally" broke but that was it. Nadia just turned one and I'm not ready to let go of it yet. We have limited it to in the crib only though...or church.
We cut a hole in it, so the suction was gone. They were bugged, but we just shrugged our shoulders and said "buh bye, paci." I like it
My s-i-l told my niece that the new baby needed it. Of course then she'd "take a hit" off of it every once in awhile, popping it out of the baby's mouth and then back in before anyone saw...so exciting and sad how fast they grow up - there's hope for us all!
Post a Comment