Friday, January 30, 2009

A quick note

Cute book from Phoebe!

Sophie (Fo-Fe) and Hannah (Han-e) best buds


While Sophie is watching a George, I thought I would give a quick update. Chris' mom has been up here for about a week helping me out with the kids, because Chris' school schedule has him gone all day Tues and Thursdays. He gets home between 8:30 and 8:45 at night and is gone before any of us get up in the morning. Those make for some long days when the 2 year old is not napping and baby brother is a fussy pants. But, baby brother has had a great week, and is on his way to no mid-night feedings. Have no idea why he was so gassy and fussy for that month, but we look forward to its end. I am still nursing and have tried to eat regular stuff that wouldn't add any extra hurt to my baby's tummy. Last night I did have some yummy Mexican food and we paid for it with a little fuss but nothing like before. Maybe he was sick and couldn't tell us. The whole house has been sick for the last week or so, except me:) Let's just say the bathrooms have seen their share of visitors. Anyway, we ( and when I say we, I mean ME) are feeling better about life and well rested. We got a pass to the Museum of the Rockies and it is super rad. Planetarium shows, cool exhibits, a discover center, the world's largest dinosaur bones exhibit, and more. This will pass the time on Tues and Thurs I hope. Our big battle now is Sophie and her bedtime. It takes way too long to get her down, even with one of us laying with her. She will fight till the end. I am going to call her the Alamo from now on. The other night I was in bed pondering how times have changed since she used to just stay in bed and fall asleep quietly. This is what came to me.

S-Stubborn
O-Obstinate
P-Persistent
H-Hard headed
I-Intensity
E-Energy...WAY too much

It's the truth kids, but she makes us laugh all day long when we aren't telling her NO for the 100th time:) She loves to dance and laugh and built forts (puttenunner) and she loves to crawl all over us. She hasn't pooped again in the toilet, and she could care less. She is too much, but we can't get enough of her!

Oh yeah, we got a new-to-us car. Pics will soon follow.

No comments: