5 days ago
Monday, January 5, 2009
Over the hump
Gunner has been a very easy baby, except a few days spanning New Years. For some reason, he was getting really fussy at night and it has escalated to him crying in any position. We knew it was bad when the swing wouldn't calm him:) It was obvious his tummy hurt by the way he was bucking and squirming, but we couldn't help him at all besides giving him mylacon. It all started back when he started sleeping through the night at 5 weeks. I stopped producing enough milk at night to keep him happy. So we started supplementing with a wee bit of formula. Then we noticed that he would fall asleep between 9 and 10 for about 30 minutes then he would get up and be up for 4 hours in pain. Long story short, New Year's Eve we were up at midnight by no choice of our own, and the following night too. Same story-falling asleep for 30 minutes, then getting up and not being happy. We never attributed it to the formula because it was only 2-4 ounces. Chris and I finally put 2 and 2 together and decided that I just needed to start nursing more often so we wouldn't have to use formula. (BTW, I am not opposed to supplementing with formula, Gunner just seems to be effected negatively by it. I was coaching 5 weeks after Sophie was born and so it was essential that she be able to drink from a bottle. Granted, I was pumping, but she still got a little formula. Plus, it allows me to be out of the home for more than 2 hours, and let's Chris share in feeding.) So I started nursing him more during the day and drinking this Mother's Milk Tea stuff. Don't know if that is really helping, but in the last two days of trial and error, Gunner is back to sleeping 7-8 hours again and didn't fuss once last night. Yeah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Yay for sleep! Miss you guys.
Maybe you need once monthly Boniva.............
I keep hoping Agnes will start sleeping for 7-8 hours a night, but I have come to accept that it may never happen!
Post a Comment