Thursday, August 14, 2008

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sophie has started saying MMMMMMMMM when ever she wants something she deems delicious. I noticed it about a week ago, when I made Choc. chip cookies in my Kitchen Aid. Because I use it a lot and it weighs a ton, I leave it out on my counter. I always let Chris lick the blender/paddle thing and he shares with Sophie while I get the cookies to their designated baking spot. As a side note, I am a fan of cookie 'bars' because you just put it all in one baking pan, let it bake about 20 minutes and you are done. I don't like the scooping, and balling, then transferring to a cooling rack, etc. Back to the point. During the day, I keep the cookies in the Microwave because Chris is the one who eats most of them, and I don't want to look at cookies on my counter all day. Well, Sophie knows that they are in the microwave because she watches EVERYTHING. However, when she wants some, she will get her step stool, push it towards the Kitchen Aid, stand up on it, and point and say MMMMMMMMMMMMM for minutes even though the mixing portion is not currently in process. I don't recall ever calling cooking MMMMMMMMMM but we must say it because that is what she now calls it. So, I made banana bread a few days ago because we had extra bananas from a YW's homemade facial activity, and she walked up to the bowl and asked for MMMMMMM. I try to show her that the bowl is empty, clean and not full of MMMMMMMM, but she won't accept it. I guess I should take it as a compliment that whatever comes out of the blender is MMMMMMMMMM to her. She even likes bread dough. I think I have a baker on my hands. Let's hope.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hmm. You made me think about cookie bars. I may have to make some now. :)