This post is dedicated to the best mom in the world, Pammy. She is the queen of decorating, in my opinion, and although I don't have the room or money to decorate like she does, I am trying to make my bathroom nice...or in the words of Chris "Way too
femmy".

So, I was at
Michael's and saw this mirror was 70% off, making it $8.99 down from 40 bucks or something. Pretty good deal I thought. Naturally, because I, Robyn, having been born of a goodly mother, knew that I could just paint it the color that I wanted, I snagged it. It is bright white and I wanted it a
pearlish color.

So, I turned it over, undid all the metal tacks and plucked out the backing and mirror. Then I went downstairs and spray painted this mother. It took like 5 minutes total for all of that.

Then I put the mirror and backing back on, put a hole in wall and hung her up in my bathroom, which completes the look. No Dad, I didn't measure and didn't check for a stud. Sorry.
LOL.

Here is a bird feeder that my mom got me for a birthday present, and we painted that too! This is sitting on my toilet and I love it. Sophie really likes to take the rocks out when we are in there, but she hasn't done any major damage yet.

This a cute shelf I bought in Idaho when I was '
putzing' with my mom and sisters and Emma. The ugly metal thing on the wall was the old towel hanger and I haven't decided how to hide it because I don't want to big
gaping holes.

And here is the matching towel holder. Too cute. So I hope you approve mom!
4 comments:
Paint the towel hanger the same color as the wall and it will just blend, or pull it out, patch it up and then paint it - no big holes. The second way would take more money and maybe a day to let it dry before you sand it, but the first (just painting it to match the wall) would cover it enough. I had to look at the picture twice to see what you were talking about!
Grandpa Jerry says....Robbie, you have done such a tremendous job with your blog. Wow. Beautiful pictures, and smart like your Dad. :) Take care...we love you.
I love shabby chic!
Impressive, can you come do my bathroom?
Post a Comment